Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
smooth=fast
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi side: right mirror, right blinker, right case cover+3qt oil. yosh slipon, right frame slider[saved the day] $600.

2 cracked ribs
1 bruised ego
1 shoei helmet scratched bad [pic]
1 alpnstr jacket scuffed across the sholders [usable][pic]

Attachments

·
smooth=fast
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:dunno :rant When you are riding don't be thinking about work!!!
You need to focus on what you're doing - Isn't that the whole idea:music487

Attachments

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Glad your ok, BUT what happened?? Details...Details...

- BA

·
smooth=fast
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There I was:
in my fav canyon on a Sun aftn. On Sat nite had worked a 16hr day and was still chewn' on the details [dumb] plus I had a little migraine... [bike rides are great for migraines] ....was doing a rh sweeper out of a blind lh with opposite traffic passing thru the rh- so I stayed wide paying attention to the traffic. ALL OF THE SUDDEN-- I found myself in gravel int the outer 1/4 of my lane. [seems the some punk had spun a few in the turnout and peppered the lane with gravel] I had a speedway thing going as I gradually eased off the power - frt tire inside the white line/ rear 10" out for 50' - then the rear went into deeper/wet sidebed gravel and hooked up to highside me. Don't remenber flyin' just couldn't take a breath for 2-3 min [knocked the wind out of me-cracked 2 ribs] I had landed between my sholderblades and slid for 20-30'
Almost saved it - got the speed bled off from 60 to about 45/50

That day I only saw that 1 opposite traffic all aft and the work of the spin-punk. timming sucs :(

·
LoneRone
778 Posts
Glad to hear your ok Majofly, looks like the alpinestar and the shoei held up ok for you, it happens to the best of us bro, good luck healing and dont let it get the best of you man!!

-Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts