Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 r1 I was hit going 70 he pulled right out as I cracked throttle in 2nd. I stood up as my bike hit his Buick’s back drivers side door. Almost landed a front flip , landed on my back pack. Bike turned right off as I smashed into that pos Buick. I’m okay.. bike is not. I really want to post pictures but it says it’s to large to upload bullshit.. i want to know if stuff is works like the motor... need help an opinions....I’m new here from
Delaware ..
someone tell me how to upload photos from
My iPhone

·
Super Moderator
23,878 Posts
Do you see any physical damage to the motor? I hope you have full coverage. A crash like that might be a total loss.

Resize your pictures to 1024 x 768 pixels as that size works good on the forum. There are free resizing programs on the internet. You can also post your pictures to a photo website like imgur or photobucket and add the photo links to your thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you see any physical damage to the motor? I hope you have full coverage. A crash like that might be a total loss.

Resize your pictures to 1024 x 768 pixels as that size works good on the forum. There are free resizing programs on the internet. You can also post your pictures to a photo website like imgur or photobucket and add the photo links to your thread.
Figured out how to post pictures 🤪

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'd venture to say that's totaled. If you had insurance I'd take the money and get a new bike. Otherwise I'd part it out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
So,

Go thank whichever God you worship that you came out healthy enough to use a phone.

Your frame is broken. Bike is toast. Sell engine and ecu, or take insurance money and run.

Building it back, unless you're really interested in and have time for wrenching, isn't worth it.

·
Super Moderator
21,661 Posts
Best thing you can do is part it out after the insurance company is finished with it. I'm sure you can buy it back for pennies on the dollar. Then get another one.

·
Just happy to be here...
1,749 Posts
Depending on your level of mechanical know how, it MIGHT be worth buying it back and parting it out for more money towards a new bike.

As an example, if buyback is 1k.....
IF the motor is good, thats 800-1k
ecu is 250
motor harness is 175
rear wheel is 100-200
swingarm is 100
and so on and so on.

But unless you're looking for a project to part out and ship parts all over the country and burn up your free time..... I'd say just take the money and run.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,016 Posts
thats one spicy meatball..

sure, it may look like it used to be an R1, but looks alone wont get you anywhere these days ;)

since i cant figure out where to start, i'll just hold my tongue.. nice wishbone frame! :D

·
One Liter Duck Eater
236 Posts
I’ve rebuilt quite a few sport bikes and can confidently say “take the money”. See if your insurance company will add on the price of your exhaust, and call it a day. Sorry for your loss.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts