Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shamalama Dingdong
221 Posts
Wow. Thats not insane.. thats just plain stupidity.

It's exactly how I got into my accident 3 years ago, trying to pass a car by going over the double yellow in the canyons. Thank god I was at a LOW speed and when I hit a car head on, I literally flew over the car, landed in the dirt on the side of the road, got up and walked away alive without breaking anything (except the bike which was in a dozen or so pieces). I didnt ride agan for 3 years until I just got my 07 a short while back.

At those speeds though... a head on collision is going to do a LOT of damage if not death.

It might look 'cool' on video, but its very dumb.

·
R1-aholic.
258 Posts
Dumb. Way dumb. Life's tough, it's tougher when you're stupid. You can easily hit a race line staying on your side of the road...taking a blind corner across the yellow normally leads to you becoming roadkill at one point or another.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
I've seen a lot of idiots in videos but these guys take the cake!!!

·
The older I get, the faster I
97 Posts
Not that it makes a difference, but that video was not shot in the U.S., since the speedo was, obviously, calibrated in km/hr. We don't have a monopoly on squids.

·
love my R1
2005 YZF-R1TR
2,294 Posts
There's one comment on that page that I enjoyed reading....

Not gutsy, or ballsy:
"The man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present instant of his flight; he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future; he is wrenched from the continuity of time . . . in other words, he is in a state of ecstasy; in that state he is unaware of his age, his wife, his children, his worries, and so he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear."

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
And we wonder why people in cars/trucks hate us. Those riders make an everlasting impression for all of us.

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.