Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
WTF!
Joined
·
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Bloomington, Indiana, about 50 miles south of Indianapolis. One of the state's nicknames is "Crossroads of America" (becasue there are so many roads transversing the state) SO what is the problem of getting an R1 here?:dunno Indiana must be on the outer edges of every single delivery area for Yamaha. WTF, I want my bike. I got the money, I got the good weather. Another couple weeks of riding the FZ1 and I will have to put a new rear tire on before I can trade it in.:cryin
 

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
Joined
·
2,448 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone in the Midwest expects to get his or her r1 sooner than a warm weather state. I’m in Detroit and we are always the last to get anything. I think the priority would be for the manufacture's to ship bikes to the states that are going to have seasons more conducive to riding. Just my .02 cents but If I had to guess, this logic makes a little sense. Don’t get me wrong; I don’t like it either but hell.. The thing would just sit in my garage for another 3 weeks anyway. The other theory of course is simple. The priority dealers (larger volume, good paying retailers) are going to get preference also. I’m in manufacturing myself and I can tell you that the customers that move your product over someone else's tend to get first priority. If a dealer sells only Yamaha and the rest of the conditions are equal, he’s getting first dib's. Anyway.. Sorry to rant but you asked for opinions.. for what it's worth
 

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
Joined
·
2,448 Posts
over_dose said:
I'm not sure why anyone in the Midwest expects to get his or her r1 sooner than a warm weather state. I’m in Detroit and we are always the last to get anything. I think the priority would be for the manufacture's to ship bikes to the states that are going to have seasons more conducive to riding. Just my .02 cents but If I had to guess, this logic makes a little sense. Don’t get me wrong; I don’t like it either but hell.. The thing would just sit in my garage for another 3 weeks anyway. The other theory of course is simple. The priority dealers (larger volume, good paying retailers) are going to get preference also. I’m in manufacturing myself and I can tell you that the customers that move your product over someone else's tend to get first priority. If a dealer sells only Yamaha and the rest of the conditions are equal, he’s getting first dib's. Anyway.. Sorry to rant but you asked for opinions.. for what it's worth
PS
I know you said the weather there was getting nice but think of a place like California, Texas, AZ etc.. These people could have rode since Jan 1
 

·
Ghostrider Squadron
Joined
·
9,251 Posts
hell im in texas and a yamaha dealer... and mine hasnt arrived yet. it has shipped and should arrive some time this week. there is no rhyme or reason to yamaha when it comes to allocations..... hopefully mine and urs will show up soon
 

·
WTF!
Joined
·
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
over_dose said:
PS
I know you said the weather there was getting nice but think of a place like California, Texas, AZ etc.. These people could have rode since Jan 1
There hasn't been a three day period since this summer that I haven't been riding, so the weather has been good for me. To bad the rest of the riders in my state arn't so die-hard or we could convince Yamaha Indiana needs bikes in FEB. The dealer I am buying from is small but soley Yamaha, so one + and one - . When the O2's hit the street I don't remember what day I actaully picked it up, but I got plates on Feb 28 2002 (says my checkbook), I guess the 04 are on a different schedule.
 

·
Go Boilers!!
Joined
·
484 Posts
Bluepelican31 said:
There hasn't been a three day period since this summer that I haven't been riding, so the weather has been good for me. To bad the rest of the riders in my state arn't so die-hard or we could convince Yamaha Indiana needs bikes in FEB. The dealer I am buying from is small but soley Yamaha, so one + and one - . When the O2's hit the street I don't remember what day I actaully picked it up, but I got plates on Feb 28 2002 (says my checkbook), I guess the 04 are on a different schedule.
You getting it from Spina's in Martinsville by chance?
 

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
Joined
·
2,448 Posts
Point made. It is also amazing to me that the auto manufactures can have 04's ready in 03 but when it comes to bikes.. its the big sit and wait. I feel your pain. I dont have an 04 on order but If I did, I would feel the same way.
 

·
WTF!
Joined
·
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PurdueR1 said:
You getting it from Spina's in Martinsville by chance?
No I made the deposit at Fox's in Bloomington. I called, Dryer in Indy, Spina's, and some one else in Columbus a week ago and they all had no clue when the bikes would be here. I am trading in the FZ1 that I purchased personally from the dealer, so I think he is fond of the bike and the accesorries he put on it before i bought it. Hopefully this equals a better trade in :dollar I have dealt a lot with the guy anyways.
Go hoosiers! This is my last semester before I graduate:thumbup
 

·
Go Boilers!!
Joined
·
484 Posts
I'm doing the same up here at Purdue. I have a hold on a red one due in April. I'm dropping off a deposit today, and going to pick it up if I get a job offer by the time it's here.
 

·
WTF!
Joined
·
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
R1's on the way. my dealer (Fox's Cycle Sales, 1-812-332-5262 Gene) in Bloomington has all 3 colors in transit, 1 of each. I will have my red one by the latest at the end of next week. I don't know if the others are accounted for. He told me to stop by monday so we can start to finalize the trade-in on my FZ1. This is the best news I have heard for months.:rock :fork :rock
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top