Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
Any ideas of some custom/aftermarket mirrors
:no ??? I dont like the way the stock ones look, but I want to have mirrors for street driving!
Thanks
Z

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
I kinda of like how my mirrors look. Just look at the mirrors on like a 99 R1 and it will make you feel beter about yours.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
Objects in mirror no longer matter
It was hard to get used to riding without them but it is a pain in the ass to take them on and off for track use and you can't get your legs around them to do highchair(sitting on tank w/ legs over windscreen) wheelies and stoppies

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want mirrors....but not stock

I really want to keep mirrors....as I like to swirve throu traffic! But the stock ones look so out of place IMO! Like when you stand behind your bike from a few feet away....they look akward(IMAO)! Ive seen some shorter, sleeker mirrors and want the custom/aftermarket look! If ya know what I mean?
Shawn:zxflipoff

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm....i like

I like those....but my friend has some really nice ones on his R6! I need to find the site and show you guys!
Cya
Z :rock
what happen to the lil smiley face homey flip people off???? :mad:

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BINGO!!!!

:hellobye

Ok guys...I found the mirrors I think Im gonna buy! They only cost $45 dollars and look better than stock! I'll hold on to the stock...but everyone take a look and tell me what you guys think?

http://catalog.kiernanracing.com/viewProduct.cfm?item_id=534854

They are pictured with a blue stem :confused: ...but you can chose from different colors! I'll probably go with blk or silver stems. Not to expensive...so I can put other performance/suspension goodies on my ride! :rock
Cya
Z

·
Prefur My Fur
226 Posts
friend of mine bought a pair of those mirrors, they were terrible, we called them fun house mirrors because the distorted everything, they were terrible

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sucks!

Great...back to looking for mirrors! Good thing I hadnt ordered them yet!
:rock
Z

·
fire!fire!fire!
10 Posts
Screw the mirrors. Just tuck a couple of those helmet cameras under the rear end and plug em into a small lcd mounted in the cockpit. Heeeyyyyyy.... I think I'm gonna try that.

:rock

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Hey spark that sounds like an awesome idea !! :rock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts