Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think im going to do a custom exhaust setup

a few questions:

ill be using the stock header, but getting rid of the exup.
is this a bad idea? i dont know much about the exup valve.

i also have a pcIII usb. i dont want to get it tuned right away (wont have funds, too much stuff going on) can i just use a different map. maybe someone on here can offer me something close?

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
i think im going to do a custom exhaust setup

a few questions:

ill be using the stock header, but getting rid of the exup.
is this a bad idea? i dont know much about the exup valve.

i also have a pcIII usb. i dont want to get it tuned right away (wont have funds, too much stuff going on) can i just use a different map. maybe someone on here can offer me something close?
What do you mean by "Custom"? Will it be a full system or slip-on? I'll put it this way. If you keep the stock headers then you will want to leave the Exup the way it is. Unless you have no need for the back pressure. Aftermarket headers then the Exup is taken out.

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
Can you remove the EXUP from the R1 without messing up the computer?

You remove the valve and cables, but leave the servo motor as it is with power going to it. No harm done and the ECU still thinks it's there. No codes are displayed.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
header will be stock. i wanted to do a custom midpipe, but not sure about that anymore.

so im thinking stock header, then exup, custom pipe right after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.