Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Sergeant USMC
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know its not completely my origional idea, but i did make a lot of changes. i can't afford a real dainese bora suit, but dvx will make me one for less than half! what do you guys think? i like it better than the origional blue one. DVX is who is making it, thats what it says on the shoulders and knees. i am also going to have YAMAHA with the tunning fork logo go accross the arms and legs in white with blue trim. i know the blue in the pic is not exactly "yamaha blue", but it will be. i did the best i could tt match the colors, but i am not a photoshop guru. J.E. Elkins is what it says on the collar. i tried to balance the blue and white colors on the black. you might notice that the picture's name is bora 7.jpg, meaning i have 6 other designs i went through to get to this one! any suggestions or comments are welcome. elk

oh and i don't exactly know where the zipper goes yet? any guesses? :dunno

Attachments

·
wanna B on the Track
1,150 Posts
it's a nice lookin suit.. how is the fit??

·
Track Junkie
4,774 Posts
Looks good man. I'm ording mine tomorrow...make sure you order it by the end of the month, or the price goes up 200 bucks!!

·
Sergeant USMC
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
r6heaventnt said:
Looks sweet! How much is that going to run you and do you have a URL for the place doing the work?
its origionally 850, but if you order before march, the price is 650. they are having a special. go to www.dvxracing.com/ for their home page and go to www.dvxracing.com/2004.htm for their 2004 line-up (i don't think they have a link to this yet, so you have to type it in manually to access this page).

they use italian leather and customize anything you want. pretty sweet deal if you ask me. and i haven't ordered it yet, so i don't know how the fitting is castrolr1. elk

·
Registered
591 Posts
Elkins,

The suit looks groovy. I love the Bora. Yours is the next best thing.

Say, I PM-ed dvx and he never got back to me. I was ready (just about) to go ahead with one like you got.

Give us an update when you get it.

Mark

·
Sergeant USMC
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark618 said:
Elkins,

Say, I PM-ed dvx and he never got back to me. I was ready (just about) to go ahead with one like you got.

Mark
dvx is new here and i don't think they check their pms all that often. but if you email them, they'll reply within a few hours. just go to their website. or call them. they are open 7 days a week. i am calling him tonight to finalize the details. i don't know how long it will take to make, but i imagine about a months time frame. thanks for all the feedback. elk.

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
Looks awesome, wish I had a few extra bucks lying around...... hell, wish I had a few extra grand :cryin

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
That looks sweet. Wish I had the money, I'd copy your design.

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
Looks sweet man. I bet that since they custom make it they might even be able to make soem tall sizes. That would be nice, I cannot ever find anything able to fit someone 6'5". No money now though but, will keep them on tab to get one when I have the money. Good Find!

·
I am One with The One......
747 Posts
looks good!!

:thumbup

·
Banned
29 Posts
Sorry Mark im not showing any PM'S. Anyhow I think I will be getting with the forum heads For some advertising

Mark618 said:
Elkins,

Mark

·
Registered
591 Posts
dvx,

I just got off the phone with "Warren" at your company. His info is slightly different from what you posted, e.g., the suits are no longer made in Italy.

He also says we might be able to get a group buy rate if 5 more R1 Forum people order (see my post in General).

dvx, what's your phone number?

Mark

·
Banned
29 Posts
Actually I am Warren, We are going to be shutting down the facility in italy because of the new facility just opened. All of our employees are trained by 3 managers we are keeping

·
WUZ-UP !
4,367 Posts
Taht is awesome !!! It custom ? How much ? Who do I get a hold of to get one for me ?:jump :jump :jump :rock :jump

1 - 20 of 81 Posts