Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this question has been asked before, but are the Custom LED integrated taillights legal? Can you use this and totally get rid of the rear signals? :dunno

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

Anyone?

I want to get one, but just need to know if I'm going to get pulled over cuz the setup is not legal.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Um.. I'm not sure so don't take my word like it's engraved in stone but I think....

1) it depends on the state
2) Most states make it illegal. I think for the same reason if your stock bike came with a mirror it's illegal to take both them off.. least here in FL. GL

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
hard to say.. again.. depending on local laws.. BUT.. what I do know is that in Canada it would be illegal.. because the AMBER lights have to be at least X number inches apart.. not sure exaclty... BUT WHO CAREZ.. If I see a cop..I'll hand signal as well.. It looks trick.. and besides there areant too many cops that would be able to tell the difference.. you clean up that back end.. put in the Libertek.. and tell him it's factory.. How they Gonna NOt believe ya.. oh.. ya.. SMILE while doing it!!
lol:)

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Any item legal for road use will have a DOT stamp on it. That's why you see most items sold saying "OFF ROAD USE ONLY". Unless a cop has a real hardon for you then you should be ok. But in short they're pretty much illegal , although you could argue that if theyre visible from 500ft (depending on your state) they would be allowed by DOT.

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
yammiebender said:
hard to say.. again.. depending on local laws.. BUT.. what I do know is that in Canada it would be illegal.. because the AMBER lights have to be at least X number inches apart.. not sure exaclty... BUT WHO CAREZ.. If I see a cop..I'll hand signal as well.. It looks trick.. and besides there areant too many cops that would be able to tell the difference.. you clean up that back end.. put in the Libertek.. and tell him it's factory.. How they Gonna NOt believe ya.. oh.. ya.. SMILE while doing it!!
lol:)

:iamwithst

1 - 6 of 6 Posts