Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'll Teach You How To Stunt...
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is my 1999 Custom R1. It does have a rebuilt title, but it was built to perfection. It was torn down to the frame, to be powdercoated, and bolted to specs. All parts were brand new except for the forks, and the plastics. I have have receipts for the chrome, and the paintjob alone was $1800. I am not in a rush to sell her, and I know you guys are R1 enthusiasts and you may not like the price, but I can't afford to lose too much on the price. This bike took 1 year to finish (imagine the riding time lost:cryin ). I will let her go to forum members for $7000. I paid $8000 to get her where she is today.

**I will trade this bike for a wrecked 04-05 R1, with some cash on top (depending the wreck $2000 tops, if wreck isn't so bad I will take$1000)****

I know my prices as I can go to the auction and buy another wrecked R1 for $4000. Even with the trade I will still be losing, and you will be gaining.

This bike comes with 02-03 front suspension, brakes, and rear wheel. This is equipped with K&N air filters, new NGKs. The guages are off of a 2000-01 gauge. The body work is from a 2000-01 also, except the tail. Everything was meticously painted down to the gas cap which is glossed black and polished. Also comes with a close to brand new rear seat. I paid $100 to the gauge to have the carbon fiber bezel around it. Also comes with a yoshimura TRS slip on. It also has the mount for a ohlins damper.

Change in Price I will let it go for $6300. I am trying to buy another member's wrecked R1 that they are selling on the forum. Let me know. The phone # 941-276-9059

Attachments

·
R1 GIVES YOU WIIINGS
403 Posts
sweet ride man

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The original miles on the engine was 12,515 miles, but the gauge indicates 8,8xx miles. I have to check. The oil was changed to specs as I am a mechanic. The person who owned the bike before me said there was some engine done to the heads, and he would keep up with the hayabusas. I believe him because it does run faster than a normal R1.

I would rather a trade of a wrecked 04 R1 +cash, but straight cash would do.
:fork

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a shift red. I changed my mind. I decided I'm not going to sell her. I will just keep her, and save some money to do a custom 04 R1:thumbup

·
R1 lover
354 Posts
good decision man....that is a GORGOUS bike...makes me want to powerdercoat my '01 frame black

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. I like doing custom projects to R1s. I almost know these bikes inside and out (thanks to martinc). I want to do a custom GSXR for my fiance, and do an 04 R1. I have some ideas. If anyone out there has a wrecked 04 R1 for sale please let me know, and I will buy it off of you. Also, I will be starting a custom bike shop called "BlingBikes" in the near future so everyone please be on the lookout.

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL......................Its just that I wanted to customize a wrecked 04 very soon, so I figured the only way to come up with the cash was to sell mine, but my fiance is telling me no, and that she will help me get the 04 later:thumbup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts