Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CoustomLED question

The CustomeLED from McCoy's Motorsports....for the 04...is this just a board. It is advertised to me as a complete taillight assembly. I heard you just get a circuit board and have to rip ur own taillight apart? Anyone know for sure yet?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: CoustomLED question

Mr. Sensitive said:
The CustomeLED from McCoy's Motorsports....for the 04...is this just a board. It is advertised to me as a complete taillight assembly. I heard you just get a circuit board and have to rip ur own taillight apart? Anyone know for sure yet?
Use the search, Apic of the new LED circuit board was posted last week in comparison to the stock. Here is a pic of the aftermarket board:

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Stock board:

Attachments

·
Need... More... Trackdays
887 Posts
can u see the green board when u replace it?

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You people and your use the search comments....I always do! :butt CoustomLED 2004...came up with three threads none of which had those pics. Would it be so hard to give somebody information without the use the search comments?:dunno

So you showed me the board, but you haven't answered my question. Is the board in a new taillight assembly that is completed or do you have to install the board. if so...how hard of a project is this?

If someone is going to tell me to search, then don't bother...I thought this was a forum about sharing information and ideas, which is what I've gotten so far and I'm grateful.

The use the search comments get annoying! My .02:fire

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
good questions.. its too bad that none of yo have this already... I hear that they ship at the end of MArch.. Is that accurate?

Would be nice to see and hear some real feedback on the subject with real first hansd experience...

Anyone?

Also.. this is going on....

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73223

·
Made You Look !
667 Posts
I did this for my 02. I recieved just the board. Pretty simple install, you just cut around the tailight and the casing pops off. I'm not sure if this will be the same method for the 04, but I would say so.

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fzrider said:
I did this for my 02. I recieved just the board. Pretty simple install, you just cut around the tailight and the casing pops off. I'm not sure if this will be the same method for the 04, but I would say so.
Thanks for the info FZrider! ride on bro!

·
No, you can't ride it
604 Posts
McCoy's is supposed to get them in a few weeks. I believe Spidey said it was just a board, it can't be to hard.:thumbup

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yo Mr sensitive!

Yea bro its just the board. You have to get a dremel and cut around the housing of the stock tail light. Then you have to glue the housing back together. But if u F up I guess youll have to buy another tail light assembly and try again. By the way, if you want to get more technical www.customled.com has the step by step instructions on how to install. Just check the instructions for the 03 R6.

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
upur128 said:
Yo Mr sensitive!

Yea bro its just the board. You have to get a dremel and cut around the housing of the stock tail light. Then you have to glue the housing back together. But if u F up I guess youll have to buy another tail light assembly and try again. By the way, if you want to get more technical www.customled.com has the step by step instructions on how to install. Just check the instructions for the 03 R6.
Now thats quality information. I suppose you could have told me to do a search...but you were actually cool and gave the info, thanks man! With gregg's flushies is it a must to get the relay? Do you guys like those flush mounts that are on the custom led site?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts