Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if any of you get these publications but they each posted an article about the 2002 R1. The one article states that we won't see the small turn-signals that is shown on all of the 2002 pics because DOT won't allow them. :(

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
If I remember right at least in Texas turn signals have to be 13in apart which is odd considering you don't have to have them at all(go figure) I am a state inspector and the weirdest one I know of is you don't have to have a front windshield on a car but you have to have windshield wipers. What the hell is that:confused:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twisted Logic said:
If I remember right at least in Texas turn signals have to be 13in apart which is odd considering you don't have to have them at all(go figure) I am a state inspector and the weirdest one I know of is you don't have to have a front windshield on a car but you have to have windshield wipers. What the hell is that:confused:
That's messed up. And you don't have to have turn signals? :confused:

·
1,894 Posts
Not in Texas,a motorcycle does not have to have them at all.

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
Most states don't require them, because you can use hand signals.

Although I wouldn't risk it, most drivers are too dumb to know what those hand signals mean.

·
1,894 Posts
No doubt most people would think you are waving or something

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Hmm! Mini-blinkers.. If they are made of special parts (can't explain better) they are allowed in Sweden. Hmm.

·
1,894 Posts
Thats for sure that is why there are many cars in my part of town with my footprint in the door hehe

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Here in Ohio We don't have to have turn signals either

·
Premium Member
23,055 Posts
beemreatr said:
Va either, but if you do they have to be a foot apart...I think.
4 year old post:thumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts