Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· all done
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tranny's
Not saying that some dont have issues. But may 2004 cycle world, Page 41, second para.

" First impressions stick with you, and mine is of the silky-smooth upshift from first to second gear along pit lane as I headed out for my first stint in the saddle. Yamaha fzr and yzf gearboxes have never impressed me as the sweetest of shifters, Yet tranny action with the new R1's close-ratio box proved flawless throughout two days of circuit flogging and spirited road riding."

by DON CANET.

· Jacksonville Jaguars Baby!!
116 Posts
just a note....

That article should have read..... "once warmed up, blah, blah blah...... best, blah, blah, nicest, blah, blah, etc, etc"

The transmission IS awesome once you get it warmed up, the clutch plates just stick first thing in the morning..... I'm cool with it. Put it this way..... I'd NEVER go back to my GSXR1000. I love my R1!

· Banned
9,609 Posts
mauibusa said:
what kind of oil are you guys running? I noticed my trans is not as easy to shift since I changed oil to a heavier (20-50) for our warmer weather. Was going to go back to a 10-40.
In Hawaii, there is no need to run 20w-50. I ran 10w-40 all the time. It will never get hot enough to run the 50 weight oil.

Here in Utah, I run Yamalube 4-R 10w-50...

· L8R2U
21,430 Posts
So did going to 10w/40 fix it?

· Banned
1,288 Posts
i don't know what you guys are talking about...so far so good 1680miles as of tonight

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.