Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Only 1 R1
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good deals/vendors? I see many other brands. Search did not give me exact answer. Like to buy some leather pants, shoes for now.

·
I Ride Alone.
2,495 Posts
I have Dainese and a Komodo suit. The Komodo blows the Dainese totally out of the water.

The Dainese might do it's job but I bet it will not be worth a shit afterwards.

The Komodo will likely not even be phased in a crash.

·
Your local Race Tire Dist.
893 Posts
comfort yes, protection doubtful.
:stpd: I had a Dainese that split down the side the first time I put it on..I ended up with a A* because I needed something fast and it was there. My next suit will be Heroic, or RS tachi for off the shelf, or have a Pilot made for me...

·
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em
2,874 Posts
I have Dainese pants,jacket,boots and gloves and I love'M ... bought all my stuff from Revzilla , these guys are the best IMHO , they ship quickly accept returns without question and have a nice incentive

Dainese for me fit very well and I believe they're as protective as any other brand on the market and as stated earlier they are expensive so be prepared to spend a few bucks

Leathers are like tires which are like oils which are like exhausts etc ... everyone has their opinion what is best and what sucks and it's up to you to find what fits you best

Good luck

·
Only 1 R1
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
^ sent PM.

Revzilla it is? What is the incentive you were talking about?$5 per 100 deal?

Like to buy Dainese Delta Pro Leather Pants and torque out boots for now. Any input?

Because you are from VA. I was wondering if I have to go for perforated version?

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you are tough on gear like i am stay away from dainese.I had a dainese newsan jacket that didn't hold up very well and i had it for two seasons.Will never buy another.I vote Vanson Leathers they are not as stylish as dainese but offer exelent protection and stand up to the test of time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts