Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· My '04 R1 is here!!
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a shipment of 2004's that were damaged?? I think I remember seeing something about it in one of the first 2004 threads but now I can't find it.

Anyways...

My 2004 was supposed to be here last week and has yet to arrive. So I go to the dealership today to see what the status is. Apparently there was a shipment from LA that supposedly left on 3/4. It was in their system and scheduled to arrive last week. But now the bikes are not showing up in the system. The dealer says they called to see what was going on and apparently there was some sort of "incident" or "freight damage".

I don't know if the bikes were damaged, the crates were jacked, where it happened or what. Just wondering if anyone had heard of this. Supposedly there were a bunch of blues and silvers that were in that particular shipment.

I just want my bike....

· Registered
72 Posts
supposed to be in this month. i have the 2nd blue from them. they got a silver a long time ago and then just this week got a red and another silver. this second silver one was supposed to be in in FEB so who knows? My b'day is 4/11, so I am hoping that I will have it by then for sure. Really missing riding it. The weather here is awesome. I am doing 2 trackdays on the RS250 next week so I guess life is still ok, but I want that damn R1 now!

· My '04 R1 is here!!
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by r1s4ever...
OMG, same thing happened to me. I'm in TX. Bike (blue 04) has been on YDS for a week and a half and yesterday it dropped off the system and they don't know why.

Yup, exact same thing...arghhh. It was supposed to be in last Friday and now there is no telling when it will come in. Hopefully Yamaha will do something like put some priority on some new ones and get them out. I'm sure this has to be hurting the dealers somewhat.

And of course this has to be when the weather is turning really nice.

· Registered
439 Posts
This is not the type of crap I want to be hearing right now. My bike should have been here this week or next week. I haven't callled my dealer because I didnt want to be a pain the :butt. But it looks like I may need to place a call in to them tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

· No Need for a Title
3,761 Posts
my dealer hates me, I call him 2 times a day every day, he shouldnt of promissed something he couldnt deliver, I dont feel bad one bit, he told me mine would be here 3 weeks ago, so till it shows up he will keep recieving my 2 calls a day, unless I decide to up it to 3.

· PWN3R
1,366 Posts
well said , my luck my shit

· No, you can't ride it
606 Posts
My red one is supposed to be coming in sometime this month. I just called them today, and it still hasn't shown up on the YDS yet. I hope it gets there soon!!!!

· Speed & Style
283 Posts
daveloco
How strange you brought this up because I talked to North Texas Yamaha today and they were trying to figure out what was going on. They said that their computer showed two silvers coming in and then today, it just disappeared from their system. I am pissed. How much longer does this mean that I'll have to wait for my silver!
Thanks for shedding some light on the situation.

Trying to be patient

· My '04 R1 is here!!
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cobra-r1,

yup, looks our bikes were on that same shipment then. that sucks because we probably would have been calling each other saying "hey come check out my '04" this week. now there is no telling when they will be in.

my buddy is borrowing my car and left his '02 with me for a couple of days so i'm getting somewhat of a fix in this awesome weather. still would like to be putting on the "break-in" miles right now on mine though....arghhhh.

· Tuning forks all the way
136 Posts
I've got a silver as well on order from Lake Hill. Supposed to have it sometime this month. Hopefully, they haven't been effected by this "shipment damage." Looks like we need to do a little investigating to find out the status of things.

Any of you guys work for dealers that can do a little leg work to get some info for us?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.