Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· www.cycleposers.com
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Damm.. I cant believe i scratched my r1. This is the first crash i have been in 22k of rinding my r1. Damm, this pisses me off. It was during a track day(5/11/02) at summit point. It was in the evening, and i was starting to feel pretty confident.. I went to make a right hand turn, and i ran out of tire and just crashed making this turn, at around 60-80 mph, my bikes plastics are all scratched up, except for the tank, which only got a few scratches. My pegs are all bent up, my blinkers are gone... Crap!!! CRAP!!!!!! Ill post pics;)

Should i tell this to my insurance company? Will they replace everything? Will my insurance go up? CRAP

DAMM

Ricardo
It was a fun day, until my crash.:crash :crash :crash

· AEQUITAS
1,123 Posts
Your insurance will go up my insurance will go up everyones insurance will go up, that is a given. If you claim it or not insurance will go up because there are a bunch of people wadding up R1s all over the place. You can take it to the bank that everyone else will claim. If you claim or not it will not matter.

· AEQUITAS
1,123 Posts
I didn't know that they made R1's in '92. just kidding I think you had a typo.

· Registered
778 Posts
crashing eventually happens........ at least you are all right (well maybe not emotionally :( )

you may want to check if insurance will claim it since it happened at a track....

and yes, your rates probably will go up if you do (can) make a claim.

:bs

· Yes, It's true, blue is faster
8,161 Posts
If you do actually report it to your company, dont tell them it was at the track. Most policies exclude that.

· Full Time Post Whore
9,063 Posts
life expecetance on R1 is 31 days (1 month) according to insurance companies. Which means, people make a claim 31 days after they purchase their R1...

fix it yourself. Your insurance will fly shy high man...not worth it unless you got in an accident where you hurt someone else...

· Registered
325 Posts
99.9% chance they will not cover it because it was on a closed competition course. You could tell them it happened any where though. But your insurance would probably go up twice of what it will cost you to fix it yourself.

· Action figure sold separately
12,868 Posts
TerminatorR1 said:
If you do actually report it to your company, dont tell them it was at the track. Most policies exclude that.
It's not wise to encourage another individual to commit insurance fraud. :no

· Petrol is my bitch!
574 Posts
Rule No 1: always use a cheap race fairing for track days. Remove all lights/indicators/mirrors. It takes less than an hour to do and makes crashing heaps cheaper.

Rule No 2: always remove your number plate for trackdays. Insurance companies might have someone there noting the rego's of crashed bikes, just in case they make a claim stating the accident happened on the road.

· Registered
14 Posts
mercurial said:
christ eyespy, can you not be such a square occaionally?

I mean I sympathize,but sometimes your I-worked-my-way-to-the-R1-with-10-other-bikes-and-am-always-responsible righteous attitude gets obnoxious.
I gotta agree with him. Doing something illegal will only him the rider in the long run and other will be affected by the steady rise in insurance cost.

Better to just fix it if only the bike was toasted. If you get hurt to then might as well file a claim.

Doing something shady is not worth the possibility of sitting in a cell overnight with Bubba "you be my puppy now" Buttman after getting busted!:(

· My dog ate my R1
227 Posts
First of all....DONT COMMIT INSURANCE FRAUD!! That is another huge reason our rates are all getting so high.

If you tell your insurance company you were at the track>> they will most likely have to fix it, but WILL drop your policy at renewal time. You went to the track knowing something could happen, so fix it yourself.

Just my opinion. I am getting worried that in the very near future, no one will insure sportbikes and if they do, the insurance will be unbearable.

See ya,

an insurance analyst....

12,868 Posts
mercurial said:
christ eyespy, can you not be such a square occaionally?

I mean I sympathize,but sometimes your I-worked-my-way-to-the-R1-with-10-other-bikes-and-am-always-responsible righteous attitude gets obnoxious.
Please, spare me. What are you, like 20 or something? Show some respect before you have to go sit in your room with no TV. :no

12,868 Posts
LINK80Reid said:
LMAO!!! Hehehe Eyespy is gonna send you to your room with no tv. :lol :yesnod
Hehe...:thumbup :lol

· www.cycleposers.com
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanx for all the info. I think im just going to fix the damm thing myself. My stock exhaust has some dents and stuff on it, so im going to take this oppurtunity to get a full exhaust system.. Akra or Devil pipes, anyone know where i can get them cheap? I heard 895$ for a full akra exhaust.

Also, is there a place online i could get the stock fairings for the r1 cheap? Or those fancy r7 fairings for the r1??

Ive been looking at the damage, and its mostly the plastic, except the exhaust and the headlight bracket that needs to be replaced.

Attachments

· 988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Yep better to fix it yourself than getting dropped from your insurance company or paying outragous premiums !!

· what is it about 69
168 Posts
if you were playing on the track:rock dont claim it on insurance, its your fault. I'm not trying to be an ass, but you new that before you got on the track. Spare us and our insurance.:eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.