Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so I was pulling pads and cleaning my Corsair this weekend and when I popped the visor off to clean it (it's taken off pretty regularly) the left ear cover thingy on the outside of the helmet popped off....and of course broke the damn tabs that put it back on. I have the manual to remove them and install them (not an easy job) but have no idea where to find parts for the helmet. I spose I can go to the dealer and have them order one, but i can only imagine the price. The Arai website doesn't give me a price list or a way to order....so i'm asking, has anyone ordered parts for an Arai helmet and if so...where?

Thanks!

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A guy on Ebay sells them. Just do a search for "Arai Parts".
...I'll take a look...but "a guy on ebay" always scares me a little. :lol

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know, for the amount of shit you order, sell and order again...I figured if anyone knew where to find parts....you would. :finger:

·
Banned
154 Posts
That's only reason why i'm sticking with my AGV Ti for now. A year ago when I purchased my Arai, I wanted to replace the shield so I let the store owner do it for me and in the process he must've broken 4 of those ear covers. If he has a hard time doing it, I will too! Good luck getting a replacement. :)

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's only reason why i'm sticking with my AGV Ti for now. A year ago when I purchased my Arai, I wanted to replace the shield so I let the store owner do it for me and in the process he must've broken 4 of those ear covers. If he has a hard time doing it, I will too! Good luck getting a replacement. :)
Flipping the visors off the Arai is the easiest system in all honesty that i have ever seen. It's truelly a piece of cake, and i"ve never had an issue before this. Random luck on my part I guess.

Still lookn for that part though.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
I used to be LE351!!
1,258 Posts
Before you order parts, did you actually break the tabs off? I have done this before with mine, only to find that the holder snapped back in. Double check that the tabs are still in place and try to snap it back in before you order any replacements.

The service pavilion is the place--they are located about 3 hrs away from us, and have great service.

If you broke the cover off, let them know, as they will replace it under arai warranty. They found out that certain ear covers were not hot enough when they were makeing them causing them to break off.

Good luck!

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Before you order parts, did you actually break the tabs off? I have done this before with mine, only to find that the holder snapped back in. Double check that the tabs are still in place and try to snap it back in before you order any replacements.

The service pavilion is the place--they are located about 3 hrs away from us, and have great service.

If you broke the cover off, let them know, as they will replace it under arai warranty. They found out that certain ear covers were not hot enough when they were makeing them causing them to break off.

Good luck!
Ya, I have the little tabs sitting (there are two of them) right next to the ear piece. KInda sucks. I just noticed the link above is the same as what you were just saying. I'll contact them. Thanks man!

·
Registered
78 Posts

I'll second the service pavilion! I miss Pa for that reason. I did the exact same thing. I got the replacement parts from my dealer for about $25 and had the service pavilion install them.

Robert's just great people.

Jeff

·
Hoosier Daddy
747 Posts
...so I was pulling pads and cleaning my Corsair this weekend and when I popped the visor off to clean it (it's taken off pretty regularly) the left ear cover thingy on the outside of the helmet popped off....and of course broke the damn tabs that put it back on. I have the manual to remove them and install them (not an easy job) but have no idea where to find parts for the helmet. I spose I can go to the dealer and have them order one, but i can only imagine the price. The Arai website doesn't give me a price list or a way to order....so i'm asking, has anyone ordered parts for an Arai helmet and if so...where?

Thanks!

My brother did the exact same thing on his Edwards replica. He contacted Arai and they sent a replacement side cover free of charge. I don't beleive they even asked for proof of purchase info. I think if you spend $600 or so on a helmet they can replace a $5 peice of plastic for free. Just my $.02

·
chicken strips w honey mustard
1,220 Posts
Call Arai Helmet Americas, Inc.

(610) 837-4210

ask for Kathy

I have never paid for a replacement piece.
Arai has more than taken care of any issue to date.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
If you broke the cover off, let them know, as they will replace it under warranty. They found out that certain ear covers were not hot enough when they were makeing them causing them to break off.

I once knew a girl like that . . . she had bad ear covers . . . guess it was from too much tugging on them too . . . unfortunately her warranty was expired . . . so I got rid of her :lol :lol :lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.