Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
So will it be better???
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! So for my first post .....
I have just got a 2016 R1 road bike that I am converting into a full on pure race bike, ie it wont be used on the road. The R1 dashboard is great but I want a system that can give me laptimes, intermediate splits and ideally also download the the data for basic analysis (acceleration, braking, lap on lap analysis etc) ... I know the LP400 exists but I dont believe it does intermediates and has now download capability for track analysis.

I know there are pure race systems you can buy but didnt know if there were any add on systems for the standard system that would do the job?

Thanks for any inputs....

·
big tracks scare me
8,547 Posts
Starlane DaVinci can do everything you want it to do. I used it on my r6 when I tracked it and it worked really well.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
not sure but the picture of the one I posted might just be a stock photo and not the actual plug. it may be plug n play. they don't say nor does it show a different picture for other bikes.

·
R1 Rider & Coach
86 Posts
check this out...very cool. this is the shit I would be having.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tclwjx_h14
I have this dash on my MV F3RC It works great, but you have to load the tracks you ride at. I wish it would store all of them and use the GPS to recognize where you are at.

It has buttons on the dash, but I wanted to be able to access everything on the fly so we added a left bar switch to make inputs easily

It does require a GPS antenna be mounted on the tail section

·
So will it be better???
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, looks nice! Do you know if it can set intermediates and display the gap to the last or best intermediate during the lap?

·
R1 Rider & Coach
86 Posts
Hi, looks nice! Do you know if it can set intermediates and display the gap to the last or best intermediate during the lap?
Yes up to 5 segments can be set. Yes best and optimal segment and lap times are available

1 - 10 of 10 Posts