Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
Man I cant wait ! I hate MotoGP starts so late in the year ! I agree with everything I have read here . My opinion based on what Rossi has done so far on the Yamaha is that he is just a little better than everyone else , very little . The competition catches up sooner or later though . I hope Edwards or Hayden can win the championship , but I think it will be Rossi again in 04 , on a YAMAHA !

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
Big Daddy said:
:no Rossi will take a back seat to someone else in 04 but perhaps 05 the yams will be up to it.:fact

BD
Then who ? I guess Biaggi or Gibernaeu ? I would have to think Rossi still has as much of a chance as anyone else if he can post equal or better times this early on , and thats what I am basing my opinion on , just what he has done so far on the Yamaha , I wonder how good he will look after two races ?!!:fork

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Kudos to Rossi & Yammi for an impressive first showing but it is just a test so there will be much more to qualifying and an actual full on race with traffic that will tell the story. Yes its just been testing for all the teams and riders but the big advantage goes to Honda as it is a much sorted package overall. I would not hesitate to give Sete the nod as he not only won a few races but shadowed Rossi nearly all of the 03 season and when he couldn't win he stayed upright and finished consistantly in the points to remain a title contender throughout.

BD

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
At Sepang test Biaggi was fastest for two days . Edwards was second fastest with Hayden only 100 th of a second off of Edwards time . Sete was fourth fastest with Rossi right behind him . All of thier times were within .35 seconds !

·
Can't wait until the weekend.
100 Posts
Edwards is going to take the 04 championship. Rossi will finish on a podium in some of the races that about it. Don't get me wrong, I think Rossi is very talent rider but the M1 need another year or two in development to complete with the RCV.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
And at the end of 3 days "da Hillbilly' was the fastest/quickest and called it a day early while the others continued.:)

BD

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
16 Participants
aerobahn
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing