Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in IN we don't have to mess with the clocks but I figured that I would remind everyone else so you don't get up too early on Sunday morning.

·
Yes, It's true, blue is faster
8,163 Posts
Ahhhhhhh an extra hour of sleep this weekend.:jump

·
all you need in life
1,911 Posts
and one less hour of daylight in the afternoon :(

here come the dark season.

its funny when you are watching T.V. and the commercials say "tonight at the 5 o clock news...etc"

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
1,238 Posts
R-1toN-V said:
and one less hour of daylight in the afternoon :(

here come the dark season.

its funny when you are watching T.V. and the commercials say "tonight at the 5 o clock news...etc"
:cryin

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
I know I am going to fook it up and I wont realize till I get on the computer in the morning and I see the dialoge box telling me the clock has been automatically adjusted :lol

·
Broke old fat and slow!
264 Posts
Brian0128 said:
Here in IN we don't have to mess with the clocks but I figured that I would remind everyone else so you don't get up too early on Sunday morning.
Do they have any cloks in IN?!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
WTF? I thought that was a nationwide thing? So, with the Eastcoast and Westcoast being 3 hours apart, and then all the time zones in between, how the hell does it work if some places don't make the change?:confused: :dunno

·
Super Moderator
27,468 Posts
AZ just switches between MST and PST. We like to keep things simple here.

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Daylight Saving Time -- for the U.S. and its territories -- is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and by most of Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Indian Reservation in Arizona).

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RexRR1 said:
WTF? I thought that was a nationwide thing? So, with the Eastcoast and Westcoast being 3 hours apart, and then all the time zones in between, how the hell does it work if some places don't make the change?:confused: :dunno
Indiana is one of three states which do not Spring ahead from "standard" to "daylight saving" time or Fall back from daylight to standard six months later. Arizona* and Hawaii are the others. Under the US Uniform Time Act of 1966, the Department of Transportation is in charge of time zones in the United States and ensuring that jurisdictions observing daylight saving time begin and end on the same date. However, states may determine participation in Daylight Saving Time.

The US Uniform Time Act of 1966 places Indiana in the Eastern time zone. In 1969, ten (10) counties in the Chicago and Evansville corners of the state were moved to the Central time zone. At some point, according to the Indiana Film Commission Online, an eleventh, Starke County, in the northwest (Chigago area) was added. Five (5) counties near Cincinnati and Louisville, while in the Eastern zone with the remaining 76 counties, do observe Eastern Daylight Time. Indiana State law, however, is allowed by the Uniform Time Act of 1966 to keep those 76 counties on Eastern Standard Time (EST) all year long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts