41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Which harness do I need with the 55watt kit

Single relay/ dual in dual out $9.99

Dual relay/ dual in dual out $14.99

Premium dual/ relay dual in dual out $19.99

I take it I don't need the error eliminator or the adapter cables.

Does anybody know which LED bulb of these 3 fit the 2005 R1
https://www.superbrightleds.com/search/led-products/wled-x6/
The one I have is equivalent to the premium dual. Just get that one. Only $5 more than std dual.

Has there been a lot of heat issues with the 55watt? I sure like the photo of how bright the 55watt kit is it would be nice to see 2 bikes side by side one with a 55 the other with a 35
I check the housing in my 14 r1 headlights occasionally and haven't had any melting issues or anything. On youtube they do side by side with different watts and bulbs.

·
In front of a gixxer
761 Posts
Just ordered my 55watt 5k from ddm tuning for my 2005 R1 with the premium dual relay harness. Thank you for everyones help if someone could tell me the specific LED to get I go to super bright LED's and they have too many different versions not for sure which is the right one to get don't want to order the wrong one. Thanks again for everybody's help.

·
In front of a gixxer
761 Posts
Nice congrats! LED's for what?
On super bright LED there are 3 different versions like I posted a few post ago not for sure which is the correct one.

·
In front of a gixxer
761 Posts
Which one of these LEDS are the correct one for the 2005 R1 side markers.

Attachments

·
In front of a gixxer
761 Posts
Here is the other 2 bulbs on superbrightled.com

Attachments

·
In front of a gixxer
761 Posts
Got my HID's from DDM Tuning going to put them in next week. Seeing if anybody could tell me which one of the LED's from superbright to order I posted the pictures in the post above thanks for your time. They are for my side markers on my 05 R1.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 R1 and looking to get the DDM 55w kit. I have a few questions:

1. What bulb type do I need?
  2. I am looking at the Ultra HID kit (55w) but not sure if I need the "Error Eliminator"
  3. I also see an option for "Adaptor Cables - H1/H7 to 9006" but not sure if I need that too
Besides the above, do I need anything else?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a 2013 R1 and looking to get the DDM 55w kit. I have a few questions:

1. What bulb type do I need?
    I am looking at the Ultra HID kit (55w) but not sure if I need the "Error Eliminator"
    I also see an option for "Adaptor Cables - H1/H7 to 9006" but not sure if I need that too
Besides the above, do I need anything else?
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

You want the H7's I believe. You don't need error eliminator, but I strongly recommend the premium dual relay harness. Especially if you decide to get 55w.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
21 Participants
unix4linux
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing