Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I had my girl out yesterday to clean her and decided to started taking the decals off...and I was wondering what is the best way to get off the stock decals (R1, Deltabox 3...etc). Should I use acetone, or ethanol. just wondering. Thanks guys. Rob:jump

·
Member 1352
1,904 Posts
Hairdryer and slow peel...Easy...then WD40 or goo gone and some elbow grease...Have at it...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that why i wanted to ask first...thanks for the reply bro ill have at it as soon as it gets nice out. btw, Ive been searching for decal kits and I havent had any luck, anyone know of where I can find decal kits (as in GPsponsor kits...red bull, marlboro...etc) thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Careful with the acetone though, I took mine off with a hair dryer and the goo gone like jboat said. If you use the acetone be sure to throw a hard wax on the area or your paint will look kinda dull right there, also because the adhesive will strip the "race glaze" they put on the bike when it's new. Food for thought. Decals, I've seen some pretty cool sets on ebay...if that helps. Good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
NOO CHEMICALS NEEDED!!!!

Alright guys, heres the easiest way to those POS stickers off. Get your lady friends hair dryer out and heat them up for about 1-2 minutes. Then just peel up one edge, keep the heat on as you pull it off then presto-- no more sticker and no residual goo.:2bitchsla

·
Number 22
373 Posts
yep i did the hair dryer thing and got the rest of the sticky stuff off with just a towel. no water or anything. i just rubbed till it balled up and rolled off. but i didnt have much there to begin with. most came off with the sticker.

·
My R1 has a little weiner
485 Posts
Re: NOO CHEMICALS NEEDED!!!!

joerocket_1 said:
Alright guys, heres the easiest way to those POS stickers off. Get your lady friends hair dryer out and heat them up for about 1-2 minutes. Then just peel up one edge, keep the heat on as you pull it off then presto-- no more sticker and no residual goo.:2bitchsla
:iamwithst
And don't pull it against its self, pull straight up or even in the oppisite direction. This way takes the glue with it.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,150 Posts
goof off will remove anything that might get left behind

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great site bud...thanks alot. I found some on ebay for much cheaper but I had no clue where they were suppose to be placed on the bike, and now with the site I can put them on similar to where they are suppose to go. Thanks again. Rob

ps ill send pics what/when I decided to change the scheme

1 - 11 of 11 Posts