Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I called up Yamaha Customer Service in California and after about a 1/2 hour wait got a live person. She was more than happy to answer my questions. Ports are in Georgia and California, The bikes come in by ship and are then routed to warehouses in Georgia, Ca and Wisconsin. Dealer deliveries can be by rail or truck and are based on when the dealer orders were placed. They use a pull system for helping to establish production quotas based on initial dealer orders and first dealers to order get the first bikes. Weather has nothing to do with it nor does size of dealer. She indicated that Wisconsin and Minnesota should be getting a bunch of bikes in by the first week of March and most other states should see a significant number of bikes also arriving around that time.

I also asked her about OEM parts as my dealer has not been able to find them in the computer using the numbers listed on this site. She could not either but said the part numbers she had were different and she would send me an R1 04 accessory catolog ASAP. So thats the scoop folks. If you are near a warehouse and a dealer who ordered early, you have a new 04 R1. The rest of us will just have to wait.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts