Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Speed Limit?
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read a post on another forum about using peanutbutter to get rid of discolored, or faded portions on trim pieces. Basicly, somebody was complaining about having something on a textured trim piece that he couldn't remove with any products and another forum member said to use creamy peanut butter to get rid of it. Sure enough there were a few more posts from guys saying that they tried it and it worked like a charm. I'm trying to find the link again, cause I'm sure there will be a few people curious about it.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but if anyone does (at your own risk of course:sneaky ), please let me know. The guys that were posting about it said that it made the pieces look brand new.

·
Speed Limit?
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Started looking around for info, and found this on popularmechanics web site.

"Avoid getting wax or polish on rubber and flat black plastic areas (clean them with a nongloss product), door handles and emblems. If you do get a wax stain on rubber trim, spray it with a mist-and-wipe product and wipe it down with a terry cloth towel. If that doesn't do the trick, this usually works: Microwave some peanut butter and apply it to the stain with a soft toothbrush. Peanut butter's oils dissolve the wax and it's abrasive enough to lift the stain (but it can stick to the roof of your car). "

·
Akrapovic xplane
6,024 Posts
yzf600drex said:
Make sure you use an equal helping of jelly to give it the proper consistency.

;)
:lol :lol :thumbup

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
and dont forget to slap 2 pieces of bread around the bike and take a big bite!:lol

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,248 Posts
:hammer:

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts