Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, not too much information on these tires on the R1 forum here on reviews. Would love to get your input. I read more about these tires on my other GSXR forums. This forum seems less busy. Love to hear your thoughts on this tire for a 2015+ R1. Seems more popular on the 600cc bikes, but I don't see too many people talking about these on their R1's.

My riding: 20% track, 80% hwy/canyon, no tire warmers when I track, need something that won't get too greasy on track but still warm up fast enough without warmers. I could care less about tire wear, you got to pay to play is my saying.

The stock RS10's are okay, but I get no feedback at all on these tires and they feel a bit sluggish for technical tight tracks swinging the bike left and right.

If you have these tires, let me know what sizes you are running and what your track experience with these tires are. I'm intermediate, middle of the pack on track. I don't ride city, only canyon/hwy rides for me when not at the track.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I ran these on my Hypermotard and really liked them. Did a couple of track days on them too, they held up nicely. I had plenty of feeling on track while not destroying them on an open lapping day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious how they fair on a r1 with so much power to the wheel. Sounds like they worked well with your hyper.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol cool vid but those are the rossa 3 (more street oriented tire) . Good tires none the less if I wasnt on the track.

I'm curious how these tires fair on 1000cc bikes. These corsa 2s seem more popular in the lower cc class it seems.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,045 Posts
Yea yea, I hear you. Been a couple days, so I figured I'd throw that vid in your thread. If I had any experience with them I'd share. For your application though, I bet they are fine. 80% street 20% track right?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just worried about the tires getting overheated and greasy on the rossa 3s. Had that problem before on my michelins on another bike.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,045 Posts
Somebody that's used them might be by along 'n along. Just wanted to share some humor and give some perspective bud. Good luck and happy riding.

·
Registered
2020 R1M
20 Posts
I use them as my rear street tire on my Panigale V4S (217hp) for canyons. Tire has held up the longest of the different tires I have used. Also the 200/60 profile is the same as the OEM Super Corsa so no suspension adjustment are needed. I like a softer tire up front so I use an SC1 Super Corsa.

Cheers,
Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice. If it holds up well with a panigale , that's awesome. Softer tire up front. Very interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts