Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount the Motion Pro coolant reservoir bottle and I am curious if anyone has done it and more importantly how they mounted it, Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see how relocating the coolant bottle has anything to do with the internals of an engine. In my experience, it's a race track / race bike thing. I am using it on a race bike. Relocating the bottle allows me to easily keep a close eye on the coolant situation. On my GSXR it made the bodywork so much easier to take on and off. Also, it's in a better location for crashing and maintenance.

Not sure how people are installing them on these bikes so I was hoping I could steal a few ideas.

·
857 Posts
i think it already in a good position. the only drawback is adding coolant to it. i use a squeeze bottle with longer hose attached to it. i rarely remove rear brake fluid container to add coolant. maybe pulling the reservoir's overflow hose and adding coolant thru it is possible. here some pics:

motion pro coolant recovery tank - Bing images

·
Venom X/O
24,833 Posts
I don't see how relocating the coolant bottle has anything to do with the internals of an engine. In my experience, it's a race track / race bike thing. I am using it on a race bike. Relocating the bottle allows me to easily keep a close eye on the coolant situation. On my GSXR it made the bodywork so much easier to take on and off. Also, it's in a better location for crashing and maintenance.

Not sure how people are installing them on these bikes so I was hoping I could steal a few ideas.
Right, it’s relocated usually when guys build the engine, so they can watch the engine health. If it’s a stock engine, you can usually just set the level and forget it. There’s no secret to mounting it, zip ties

·
Registered
179 Posts
Funny you should ask, as I'm swapping out my Motion Pro bottle for a custom made job. Currently in the process of finding the parts to make the hose attachments now. The lid on my Motion Pro bottle leaks and spits water onto the inside of my screen and my face shield every track day.

Swiped this pic off a friend from another forum. I can get you a pic of my setup as well if you want it, but this is basically how I did it. Simply go to a big-box hardware store and pick up a piece of aluminum flat bar, cut it to size, bend it to hold the bottom of the bottle in place, zip tie the bottle to the piece of aluminum, and mount aluminum in the empty holes left in the fairing stay where the lights mounted. (Which I assume you've done already).

You also have to pilfer a the right-angle hose attachment from the stock coolant bottle lid to make this exact setup work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts