Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Your year takes the OEM number... 5GH 13440-61-00

If I cross those 3 guys, no one matches the center 61 number. Your 303 is not on the list. Just saying the OEM sets the pressure, the pleat, and meets said conditions.

Does the hiflo work under harsh conditions, sure. But for a few bucks more, if not dealer matching the OEM net prices, the one guy I would not mess with is the oil filter. Cut the OEM open and the aftermarket... 'you get what you pay for.'

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
the 61 is an updated part number from 50 you have to look at what it replaces as aftermarket won't always keep up with part number changes. the 303 is the number for 06 and older R1's and the 204 is for 07+. the 303 is a taller filter by about 15 percent so it shouldn't be an issue to use it on a newer model as i would think it would just allow a little more flow. some years may have an issue running the 303 due to clearance. i don't recognize the hp-1008 number but in looking it up its a different color and no nut so i would say thats a car filter you maybe got by searching dimensions? in any case you should be using K&N part numbers KN-204 and KN-303 they try to make cross reference easy.

·
Nevermore
1,260 Posts
I stopped using K&N after the oil leak issues they had. I'm sure it's fixed by now but after being burned I now stick with oem.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I just went to yamahasportsplaza they were pretty cheap and I ordered a dozen filters and crush washers and I never have to think about it again

·
Registered
R1 08
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are here over 17 $ for the oem (Denso Thailand) and k&n 13$ (made in usa)

Hiflo 9$ (Thailand)

Mahle 5$ (Thailand)

I am planning to change filter and oil every 5000km/ 3250mls so

·
Registered
53 Posts
I only run wix xp, I’ve used knn but their qc went to shit, wix and hiflo are excellent. Mann and Hummel also acquired wixes filter department which is great.

Are you asking how much volume they flow? Or the pressure of the oil bypass valve it takes to open? What bike? Just use the bike part number and cross it to whatever brand you want as long as it’s applicable….
Why even look into different numbers than what’s recommended?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts