Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· 2Live is 2Risk Dying Dare2risk
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The only thing I wanted hanging off my tail was the pipes! I took the stock metal bracket off of the POS plastic and bent the end of it into a "L" shape and ordered a chrome frame with LED and mounted it off the rear foot peg. The chrome frame with LED was over priced but hey I had to have it...

See my next reply below for links...

· Banned
9,609 Posts
TEZNF8 said:
The only thing I wanted hanging off my tail was the pipes! I took the stock metal bracket off of the POS plastic and bent the end of it into a "L" shape and ordered a chrome frame with LED and mounted it off the rear foot peg. The chrome frame with LED was over priced but hey I had to have it...

PIC 1
Pic 2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic6
Pic7
I see a bunch of errors. :dunno

An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
Make sure you are logged in.

Please push the Back button on your browser to correct this problem.
Thank you.

· Still love Yami's the most
1,150 Posts
:iamwithst error

· Booya
34,924 Posts
No offence, but I dont' even see your tail...I see a big ass rectangle hangin off the side of your bike. My opinion is I don't personally care for it. Though, it is better than the friggn mud flap that used to be on the ass. I took that same bracket I think you did from the mud flap, bent it into an L and put it under the tail behind the passenger pegs and over the rear hugger. drill two holes though the bttom there and mounted my plate. I'll post a pic if ya'll wanna see...

· My Screw is lOOse!
723 Posts
I may be the only idiot out here but personally I am looking at picking up a blue 04 and I sorta like the whole mud flap look.

ofcourse this could change once i get the bike, but the whole open rear end suggest "easy access"..hahah

am I the only one who likes the stock look?

· Booya
34,924 Posts
Honestly..I think you are yes...yes you are the only one I have ever heard say they like the mud flap

if you want, i can sell you mine so you can have two....!

· Registered
1,242 Posts
Sabian said:
Honestly..I think you are yes...yes you are the only one I have ever heard say they like the mud flap

if you want, i can sell you mine so you can have two....!

:iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst
this refering to the original biginning of this thread--->also that looks like a west coast chopper mod....
try again..... (not try'in 2b a dick) teznf8

· 2Live is 2Risk Dying Dare2risk
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OUCH! Don't hold back on how ya feel now.... :finger Just joking, it's all good I don't wear my feelings on my shirt sleeves:thumbup I know it's not for everyone, just figure I would share another idea with everyone unlike LooneyR1 i don't like the mud flap. I didn't want anything hanging under my exhaust. And actually BULLY R1 I'll take that as a compliment! I like choppers just can't afford a $100,000 chopper but hey if you think it looks like something off of a $100,000 bike than hey that just makes me love my 04 R1 that much more:D

BLU99VETTE thanks for the aid:bow

Thanks for the feed back gents!

· 129 & Beyond!
38 Posts
Hey, to each their own! However, if you guys are going to do a group purchase on the mudflaps, I'll sell mine once I get the bike! No deposits necessary! J/K.

THE NEWBIE!

· Registered
6 Posts
Mud flap..

nitroR1 said:
Mount it on the rear pegs with a couple of L brackets. Looks like this and cost about $2.
That looks clean. I'm picking up my silver 04 tomorrow, and have been looking all over the net for the best way to remove that nasty thing. Have you installed an integrator as well?

Chris

· Registered
366 Posts
-

Dude,

I give you props for going out and coming up with your own idea. ....PUT YOUR SPIN ON IT....

Thats the great thing about hobbies... You can have your own style and everyone has their own opinions.... I understand that some guys don't like other guys mods, but if you don't like it... keep it to yourself... This guy is excited about the idea that he had... Again, I give you props... Innovation is the product of a good mind... Opposed to paying $150 for a metal bracket that covers up those pipes.... Great idea...

· Registered
92 Posts
Re: Integrator

dubc303 said:
What did you pay for it? Was looking at one online at www.tobefast.com.. Also, have you installed flush indicators on the front?

I'm picking up the bike tomorrow morning, I'm getting anstsy..
The one I got from Rich was about $120. That includes shipping.
The Motorcade light is really sweet. Easy install and you don't have to get into real detail with taking the taillight apart. You seperate it but leave the clear section assembled. The cusomled version has a lot of lights, but it takes away from the stock look with the removal of the refractor lense in the taillight. I don't loke it, but that's personal preference.

I ordered my flushmounts from my dealer, I hope they'll be in tomorrow. Then I am ordering my LED's from customled for those. White running lights and amber turn signals. I likey!

What do you think of the amber lights in this pic? The corners have white lights that are stock.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.