Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Just Wanna Ride !
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a digital HID kit from A&R. On the comparison photos the ballast look way smaller. I will put the ballasts under the wiendshield like i've seen with the other ballasts. My question is that i would :jump like to put foam around the ballasts for protection and to stop any rattling while riding, will heat from the ballasts be an issue or not. Any help, thanks.

·
UP! UP! and AWAY!!
262 Posts
I put the same kit on mine, what I did was just use some 3M double side tape, covered the entire bottom of the ballasts and stuck them under the headlights...Never had any problems what so ever...

·
I Just Wanna Ride !
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i even thought of double sided velcro, so you can remove them if you want to.:fork

·
Registered
51 Posts
those ballasts are pretty durable little things, I took one apart (just had to) and it's FILLEd with a solid fill. It's like they put the electronics in there, then pour a hardening fill in on top of it until it's full, then put a top (bottom) cap and screw it down.
I have 3 of them out in the open (rain) on the inside of my 2007 KLR650 fairing, and they have done 23,000 so far, not a problem.

Hope that helps.
christ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.