Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1/4 mile in X.XX seconds?
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey i know its late in the season but i want to get this started for next year...
I want to see if i can make this the single thread where everyone comes and post there track day times that way we can always gauge ourselves against our brothers here on the forum...now the only way this is going to work is if we stay honest dont need no boosting of times and exaggerating of runs. lets get it started by everyone posting up there latest times maybe there last run of this season (07) and what they have done as of right now and then as we go along we can post performance mods and during the offseason and then when the new season starts we can all make sure we are updated on parts and post our times after each track day .....and what we did different from the last track day as far as mods and riding style....

let me know what you guys think of this thread then we can see if we can get it sticky for us minority of drag racers on the forum:fork

·
4um ModR8r
10,426 Posts
let me know what you guys think of this thread then we can see if we can get it sticky for us minority of drag racers on the forum:fork
Me thinks there are more of you drag queens on this board than you might know! I mean that in a good way. :)

Sounds like a great idea to me even though I'm skeered shitless to launch a bike down a drag strip,,,,,, I love skimmin' a knee at 150mph but to dump a clutch at 10k rpm's?????? :scared You guys are fookin' crazy! :fact :yesnod

Just a thought but maybe require a scanned timeslip to prove your run here?

blakjongotti,,,, we can make it a "sticky" Bro,,,, no problemo. Let's work out the details here in this thread,,, you start another thread with the "rules" and we'll make it happen. :thumbup :flush: oops, 'scuse me. :)

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
help me out guys lets get it sticky

Ok that's cool and thanks I want to get the input of the other guys that will be using this thread I want to keep it clean and functional but I also want to keep it fair and not really exclude anyone here that aint afraid to lauch down the dragstrip
Not everyone that dragraces may have.a scanner to get there slips up but maybe a picture of one but I do want a slip not just posted times if someone wants to post someone elses slip then they will probably be found out with the wealth of knowledge that a lot of the drag racers on this site posess such as myself 1longR1, nukedog and so on with answers they won't be able to answer and things of that nature and if they don't maybe with the help of this thread and the more experienced riders and he will get his own numbers up so they will start postin there own so pictures of a time sheet I think will work just make then clear where scanned is better. and also I want to keep it drag

Help me out guys I don't really know what I should. Make rules as of yet I know I basically want this thread to be a place where we exchange tips the mods we have and the ultimate outcome of our work our timesheets all in one place where we can always lookback and not have to search threads to find answers to questions and the outcome of mods when we are torn between 2 mods but only have the money for 1 you know what I am saying help me out REAL RACERS not you motorcylce guys who like to ride on go kart tracks...
Lol had to throw that in there goob for the lile comment you made

·
4um ModR8r
10,426 Posts
help me out REAL RACERS not you motorcylce guys who like to ride on go kart tracks...
Lol had to throw that in therre goob for the lile comment you made
Oh, you're damned all to hell now mang. :butt

Go for it Brutha, make this a good 'un! :thumbup

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
Goob.. dont be skeered man.. its not different than dragging a knee.. just different approach. everyone should try it at least once.. just to see. actually its addicting..just like roadracing.

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lets get this started

ok so lets me give it a shot getting it rolling
1 must have a timesheet to post some how eother a picture of on or scanned but has to be a picture of a time sheet

2 must post the trackname and the date for runs

3 must be willing to take constructive critisim and answer questions about your riding techniquees, mods, etc. (everyone helping everyone)

4 Dont lie, Dont exaggerate lets just keep it real here

5 help me out with more rules that you can think of........open to all suggestions, ammendments, and critisism

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Goob.. dont be skeered man.. its not different than dragging a knee.. just different approach. everyone should try it at least once.. just to see. actually its addicting..just like roadracing.
very true even though i dont want to try road racing i would do it if i was on the track by myself or with a very very few other riders it scares me that i am on the track with all those rider and dont know what thye may do i can pretty much control myself but i cant control others thats the scariest thing to me about road racing....
but anyway lets get this started fellas

·
4um ModR8r
10,426 Posts
very true even though i dont want to try road racing i would do it if i was on the track by myself or with a very very few other riders it scares me that i am on the track with all those rider and dont know what thye may do i can pretty much control myself but i cant control others thats the scariest thing to me about road racing....
but anyway lets get this started fellas
Thanks guys,,, I'm sure I'll give it a try one day but I'll need to go with somebody that knows what they're doin' to coach me a little.

blakjon, maybe add that any post that's off topic or is a PW post will be deleted on sight. Just another thought.

·
4um ModR8r
10,426 Posts
10-4
PW = post whore

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so lets me give it a shot getting it rolling
1 must have a timesheet to post some how eother a picture of on or scanned but has to be a picture of a time sheet

2 must post the trackname and the date for runs

3 must be willing to take constructive critisim and answer questions about your riding techniquees, mods, etc. (everyone helping everyone)

4 Dont lie, Dont exaggerate lets just keep it real here

5 all post that are off topic and PW post will be removed on sight

6 help me out with more rules that you can think of........open to all suggestions, ammendments, and critisism

keep them coming

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going to kick this off by posting my Teammates timesheets mondayjust to get this rollin only because i am not racing anymore this season (takeing off the nitrous and slapping on a turbo) but i am going with him and pretty much holding down the pits but i am definetly not going to represent the slips like they are mine but i work on the bike can answer all the questions about the bike so its my project also and I WOULD NEVER TRY TO PASS IT OFF AS MY TIMES

·
All Motor
629 Posts
Runs where on My 04 R1.
Bradenton Motorsports Park Fl.
Bike has stock Internals
#40 nos jet with two dial progresive.
Brock sidewinder,trackdynamic arm,
Hypro pro shock, front reval forks,
ceramic wheel bearings, pcusb3
bmc filter, mps air shifter,
Costume nos setup. etc.

Attachments

·
4um ModR8r
10,426 Posts
Runs where on My 04 R1.
Bradenton Motorsports Park Fl.
Bike has stock Internals
#40 nos jet with two dial progresive.
Brock sidewinder,trackdynamic arm,
Hypro pro shock, front reval forks,
ceramic wheel bearings, pcusb3
bmc filter, mps air shifter,
Costume nos setup. etc.

This looks like the kind of stuff we want,,,, zat right blakjon?

Maybe a bit more detail of the timeslip. I'd be happy to rescale "great big" file sizes of pics/scans of timeslips. Just email them to me.....

ZRXer AT tampabay DOT rr DOT com

Damn blak,,,, you might have sumpin' goin' on here. :yesnod

·
Still Slow
289 Posts
what abou the other tip advice thread we tried to get goin? i brought it back to the top. i thin there is a lot of good info in there. maybe put the 2 together or at least sticky'd by each other. not tryin to jack your thread, jus help out. :)

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im Cool With That Ill Talk To Goobr And See If He Can Put Them Together If That Is Too Dificult When I Start The New Thread Thats Going To Be Stick I Will Put A Link In The Original Page To That Thread That Way We Can Quote From There And Always Ahve A Good Way To Look Back....but I Think There Should Be The One Thread For This Cause If We Have Both Of Them Seperatly Then That Will Have Us Searching For Stuff In 2 Threads Instead Of Haveing 1 Place For This So We Knw Where It Is......

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This looks like the kind of stuff we want,,,, zat right blakjon?

Maybe a bit more detail of the timeslip. I'd be happy to rescale "great big" file sizes of pics/scans of timeslips. Just email them to me.....

ZRXer AT tampabay DOT rr DOT com

Damn blak,,,, you might have sumpin' goin' on here. :yesnod[

YES thats what i am looking for thats good....and thanks for the help with clearing up out timesheets.....i am going to see what we can do about the combingin of threads or what have you let me know what we can do or what you think the best way to do this will be i am going to pm you know so you know i posted this

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
guess i should have went to the drag section first instead of going through my user CP i see the other thread is sticky already ok cool lets do it.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.