Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ummmm.....adrenaline
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There might be some perfectly good explanation for this but why do the European countries seem to get all the cool colors and sometimes even the better performing machines. With bikes, it always seems that the sweet colors are Euro only colors. A la '03 954, '04 R1, '04 1000RR and so on and so on. It is so frustrating. Then with cars, though I am not an expert, I hear that many times they have more horsepower than the models released in the states. Why is this? Why don’t manufactures just release the same model or color schemes world wide? :dunno :rant

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
im sure the euro guys think the us models is cooler. lol. its because its something that we dont have and vise versa. some of the euro stuff i think is horrible but some is cool. it a matter of opinion.

·
Fudge is Great !!!
230 Posts
For one DOT Regulates our vehicles :(. In Europe, they don't have as many tight emmissions laws as we do. We have strict crash safety standards. It is just down right expensive to produce vehicles for the big 50, especially California. As far as color schemes, DOT regulates that as well. Have you noticed how there always has to be white or reflective lettering down a dark colored bikes' fairing. Hence, the big SUZUKI on Zukes. When the black and gold ZX-12R came to the states, the "ZX-12R" logo had to be changeg to a reflective-type silver logo

·
Yes it's fast...NO you can't!
307 Posts
Only thing I know for sure is that European and Asian countries don't have the safety restrictions and emmissions laws that we have. Therefore, cars bikes etc... can run almost completely unrestricted. Same reason I couldn't get a Nissan Skyline back to the States when I moved back from Japan. I woulda' had to dump more money than the car was worth to get the emmissions installed and the safety measures done. By the time everything was said and done it wouldn't have had any more HP than a Maxima.

·
ummmm.....adrenaline
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it is all for the right reasons, Pollution and rider/driver safety. Still a bit frustrating.

"Have you noticed how there always has to be white or reflective lettering down a dark colored bikes' fairing."

On the topic of the darker bikes having to have the bright decal on the side like the zx12r, what is the deal with the 1000rr all black adn the zx10r all black? Both of those are solid except for a few shadowed decals. Then there is the Honda on the lower but that is not visible when riding. Not trying to argue, just curious and wanting to learn.

·
Yes it's fast...NO you can't!
307 Posts
Fluco23 said:
I guess it is all for the right reasons, Pollution and rider/driver safety. Still a bit frustrating.

"Have you noticed how there always has to be white or reflective lettering down a dark colored bikes' fairing."

On the topic of the darker bikes having to have the bright decal on the side like the zx12r, what is the deal with the 1000rr all black adn the zx10r all black? Both of those are solid except for a few shadowed decals. Then there is the Honda on the lower but that is not visible when riding. Not trying to argue, just curious and wanting to learn.
Again that goes back to the D.OT. safety regulations. Personally, I don't mind the reflective striping as much as the "3 times bigger than they should be" turn signals, and reflectors on every imaginable part when it comes off the showroom. Guess there's a reaon aftermarket prts make so much money huh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts