Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

· Team Yamaha
13 Posts
No but I have gotten sick of the sportbike scene and the same old roads. That's why I've always had a second, less sporty motorcycle to compliment my R1. When I get bored of doing the same old thing, I jump on the FZ1 and mix it up. Do some long-range rides and exploring.

· They call me a ride whore
288 Posts
Nope...... riding is just about my whole life, lol. If I didn't ride my bike I would literally just about have no life, hahah :fact:crash I don't think I could give it up...... it's one of the few things that truly makes me happy

· Take the red pill
6,964 Posts
No. There is a guy on my other forum who is 73. He sold his ZX14 and bought a VFR1200. Modded it and tuned it immediately. Then as soon as it was done took it to some top speed annual meet and topped the fvcker out.

Riding the twisties is relatively safe here. You couldn't pay me to commute or ride in a city. If commuting or highway riding was my only option on the street I'd get a track whore.

· I VOID WARRANTIES
174 Posts
I commute philly every day, this city is f'n nuts..... but ive had the love of riding for a loooong time, im well past the age most guys get Harleys or stop riding all together.... not me, not yet!!

I KNOW MY BIKE MAY ONE DAY GET ME KILLED..... BUT I GET TO RIDE IT FIRST!!!!

· back to the world...
1,979 Posts
I think I know how you feel. This may sound strange but when I picked up an fz09 this year to add to the stable it completely rejuvenated my love for riding. I am not sure why exactly and it may be a few reasons. The 09 is just "slow", comfortable, and incredibly fun to ride. It totally reminded me why I love to ride and it has reset the fun factor for all motorcycle riding. Sounds lame I know but it's true.
:riding

· Registered
125 Posts
Any of you ever feel like hanging up the race suit. Ever feel like riding street is to dangerous and you you can't get the joy out of riding like you use to?
I don't own a race suit and I do not feel like giving up riding. However, I do put mine in storage from about 5 months when the weather starts getting cool. The fun starts all over again the following April when I wheel it out of the basement.

I don't miss it during the downtime. Maybe a little bit of a break is all I need.

· Sine Labore Nihil
133 Posts
I think I know how you feel. This may sound strange but when I picked up an fz09 this year to add to the stable it completely rejuvenated my love for riding. I am not sure why exactly and it may be a few reasons. The 09 is just "slow", comfortable, and incredibly fun to ride. It totally reminded me why I love to ride and it has reset the fun factor for all motorcycle riding. Sounds lame I know but it's true.
:riding
I know exactly what you mean. I bought a Grom and I commute on it, race it and use it as a pit bike. The thing is a blast for being so slow. I also have a Harley (I know) that I am thinking of selling and pick up a FZ09.

· 0-Jailtime in 2.9 seconds
249 Posts
Ever since my spill I just don't feel as ballzy, guess I need a track day. Juse always have "the thought" in my head now
Best advice would be to get back on the bike and ride it good!
Felt the same after my last spill.. it only took a hard twist of the wrist to get me back in the mood. (I don't encourage speeding, but a bit of spirited riding at the right time can be fun)

The only thing I'm growing tired of is commuting. I love my bike, and I love riding it every day, but I cannot deal with cell phone wielding idiots in cars any more.

Planning on doing a track day soon, and if it works out well, and I might just retire my bike to track duty only.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
No. There is a guy on my other forum who is 73. He sold his ZX14 and bought a VFR1200. Modded it and tuned it immediately. Then as soon as it was done took it to some top speed annual meet and topped the fvcker out.

fvckin eh mate!! great story... a few years back i was visiting San Francisco, met this white haired dude with a yellow leather 1 piece, in his 70s!!
was enjoying ripping up the roads on a brand spankin' s1krr down by Alice's restaurant to Half-Moon Bay.!! thats living! :hammer:

this year should finally see me back in top form, gotta get on after 'em twisties... i'm still a young bastid and have a long way to go :thumbup :scoots:

· Registered
125 Posts
Ever since my spill I just don't feel as ballzy, guess I need a track day. Juse always have "the thought" in my head now
I know how you feel dude, had a diesel-induced lowside a year and a half ago - it takes time to get over it. For me, riding on public roads is the sh*t though; don't think I could give it up. The best thing about it is that it completely clears my head - there is no time to rage, mope or daydream riding in the street, you need to be on it the whole time. I'm gagging for a ride the now tbh, but it will have to wait a few weeks...

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.