Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellaz, I don't think this has ever been mentioned on the forum before....I was gasin up the ol gixxer today and it just occured to me that not everyone gasses up their bikes standin up like i do...

I personally am too afraid of gettin gas on my crotch while fillin up so I take my gloves off and usually my helmet before topin her up.... and yea i know you cant fill her right to the top while its on the stand but that doesnt REALLY bother me becasue Id rather not risk having gas vapors floatin around my manhood if you know what im saying...

so my question is do you stand up and get off the bike to gas up or do you stay seated?... whatever you choice please state your reason why.

I personally have heard too many storys about spills on the crotch when gasin up while sittin down.

just my personal flavor i guess :beer :D

· Registered
274 Posts
I always sit on the bike to get the tank FULL. I keep the nozzle down in the tank deep enough that I won't spill it. I always cup my hand around the gas nozzle when inserting it into the tank, because it never fails that the last user didn't clear the gas from the hose and it spills. Is is just me, or did this sound dirty:lol

· R1 eats for luch any bike.
384 Posts
alrite...i sit on my bike and i never fill her up full ( usualyy 6 -7 litres, the reason why is you adding less weight to the bike, not a problem 3 rd gear stand up bouncing if ya do wheelies, easier to flick bike in twisties) and i bring my helmet up so my face is open while the helmet still on my head, just in case theres cute gurls filling up with gas.

· MIEVL
76 Posts
Always stand, I am also afraid of spilling gas on my manhood. Plus I usually always pay with my credit card at the pump so I have to get off to do that anyway.

My buddy always stays sitting on his though. I tried it once. It's just not for me. :no

· My R1 keeps me up at night
71 Posts
Come on guys, surely you're more talented than that!
:confused:

:fact I pull right up next to the pump, leave my helmet AND gloves on, pull out my wallet, swipe the ol' credit card, select premium grade gas, drain the nozzle on the ground (so it doesn't spill on my bike), fill her up, put the hose back, and I'm on my way without ever leaving the seat of the bike! I'm there two minutes tops, and I don't get gas on my bike, my hands, or my manhood!
:cool:

· you can't have my last beer
3,583 Posts
UT Longhorn said:
Come on guys, surely you're more talented than that!
:confused:

:fact I pull right up next to the pump, leave my helmet AND gloves on, pull out my wallet, swipe the ol' credit card, select premium grade gas, drain the nozzle on the ground (so it doesn't spill on my bike), fill her up, put the hose back, and I'm on my way without ever leaving the seat of the bike! I'm there two minutes tops, and I don't get gas on my bike, my hands, or my manhood!
:cool:
Yep, that's the ticket. I do take my gloves off so I can dig in my wallet for my debit card, but everything else stays on. Like UT says, swipe the card, fill'er up, and ride off never leaving the seat. I never have spilled gas on my crotch (yuck) or heard of anybody doing such. Just use a little 'nozzle control' and you should be fine.

· Il Padrino
1,981 Posts
I do what UT Longhorn does, except I don't waste the gas in the nozle on the ground. I turn the pump upside down so it can't spill and then tilt in into the gas tank. I never spill and I get every penny of gas I deserve.

· Ride safe boys.
1,845 Posts
I'm with UT, get in, get out, quit f$#in' about. That is when I am by myself. When we are in a pack usually one guy volunteers and throws his card in while the rest of us huddle around the pump looking like a bunch of thirsty pigs tryin' to get at the :boobies. Usually four bikes around a pump and we just pass the hose, tryin' not to spill. Kind of one of those things where we don't keep track, but everyone buys eventually. It's all good.:beer

(Turbo, I was thinking this thread was about whether you stand up or sit down to pee! :lol )(I am seriously kidding.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.