Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just Me.
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R1 with a few bells and whistles added...

Attachments

·
I miss my R1
3,253 Posts
I'm sure it wasn't the answer you were looking for, and maybe I should elaborate, the colour you've chosen, while unique, isn't going to catch people's attention like a bright yellow 60th anniversary R1 (IMO).

The wheels also, while an unconventional colour, aren't going to catch people's eye right away as they aren't different enough (again IMO) from the OEM blue wheels available on some late model R1's.

·
Just Me.
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure it wasn't the answer you were looking for, and maybe I should elaborate, the colour you've chosen, while unique, isn't going to catch people's attention like a bright yellow 60th anniversary R1 (IMO).

The wheels also, while an unconventional colour, aren't going to catch people's eye right away as they aren't different enough (again IMO) from the OEM blue wheels available on some late model R1's.
I had no expectations on any responses, seriously.

That's why I'm asking. A set of non-factory Marchesinis always catches my eye, but I know that's not enough to stand out. Honestly, my next bike build, I'm going for something that stands out just enough to blend in.

This for example, I believe would stand out.

Attachments

·
Venom X/O
23,657 Posts
I don’t think so. I know a few members on here that have motorcycles with tens of thousands of goodies added; and they tell stories of going to bike nights and people not knowing any different. Most street riders are oblivious to what real performance is.

let me say this though, I’d rather have a bike that’s tricked out and no one knows the difference, vs a bike that stands out and everyone wants to leave with it... cause someone probably will and it may not be me.

·
Just Me.
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t think so. I know a few members on here that have motorcycles with tens of thousands of goodies added; and they tell stories of going to bike nights and people not knowing any different. Most street riders are oblivious to what real performance is.

let me say this though, I’d rather have a bike that’s tricked out and no one knows the difference, vs a bike that stands out and everyone wants to leave with it... cause someone probably will and it may not be me.
Exactly why I stated stand out just enough to blend in. It's simply smart.

I really don't like thieves.

In my honest opinion, these are very tacky.
Thanks for your input/opinion.

·
Just Me.
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
:ROFLMAO:.

You are one funny individual.

The only thing I was being smart about was the garage.

I was serious about the suspension though. If I was to build another bike, that would be the first thing I would do. I would throw all my money at the suspension and the. A set of wheels. These are the most costly mods that make a dramatic difference and are actually usable.

·
Just Me.
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only thing I was being smart about was the garage.

I was serious about the suspension though. If I was to build another bike, that would be the first thing I would do. I would throw all my money at the suspension and the. A set of wheels. These are the most costly mods that make a dramatic difference and are actually usable.
I'm going to try and be humble here; not a strong suit of mine at times.

You could give me raw materials, in their rawest form, and I can engineer a sportsbike from the ground up starting with a clean sheet of paper; this includes suspesnion and all. Yes, designing and manufacturing a custom suspension from scratch - I can do that. I do like Ohlins, Penske, and a few others, but I'm just as capable minus all the resources they have currently.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts

You could give me raw materials, in their rawest form, and I can engineer a sportsbike from the ground up starting with a clean sheet of paper; this includes suspesnion and all. Yes, designing and manufacturing a custom suspension from scratch - I can do that. I do like Ohlins, Penske, and a few others, but I'm just as capable minus all the resources they have currently.

Thanks for the advice!
I just realized that your are a completely different member from whoI thought you were. My bad.

That’s the reasoning behind the “garage” comment. That particular member posted a picture of his bike sitting in the snow outside his home.

My bad dude. I admit when I’m wrong.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Ye

Thanks for the advice!
I understand you have a Mechanical Engineering degree.

I have an EE degree myself along with many other technical certs.

I can design and build many electronic devices from scratch and also hack many vulnerable networks.

I still like the food in Philly. ?

·
Just Me.
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ye

I understand you have a Mechanical Engineering degree.

I have an EE degree myself along with many other technical certs.

I can design and build many electronic devices from scratch and also hack many vulnerable networks.

I still like the food in Philly. ?
I've been following you (your build), so I am in the know. It's not that hard to get security clearances; trust me, I didn't even want to utilize mine even though I personally was/am in high demand because...

Ahhh. This is way off topic.

Keep the shiny side up!

·
Just Me.
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JPAS.

You know, I've never ridden a newer R1 on the track, the street neither for that matter. Interesting! I wonder how it stacks up to the RSV4 on the track. Maybe I should find out before making future descisions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts