1,325 Posts
HarryBawls said:
He's the man.
Takes care of his equipment.
Doesn't make mistakes.
Is faster on a slower bike.
It just doesn't make sense to talk bad
about his ability.
All I gotta say is: I wish Michael Jordan would of backed Tanya Harding on the R1 instead of Montez Stewart. Maybe she'd do a number on Mladin's knees... :lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
he's a winey little bitch!! who try's to cut tires.on other peoples bike.
And I know he's a GOOd rider but he's not the best !!If eric's bike didn't blow up.. he would of won.. .49.3 all day.

·
Big Pimpin'
190 Posts
HarryBawls said:
He's the man.
Takes care of his equipment.
Doesn't make mistakes.
Is faster on a slower bike.
It just doesn't make sense to talk bad
about his ability.
I don't think anyone questions his abililty, just his attitude. Congrats to Mat.

Eric

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
EBOZ said:
he's a winey little bitch!! who try's to cut tires.on other peoples bike.
And I know he's a GOOd rider but he's not the best !!If eric's bike didn't blow up.. he would of won.. .49.3 all day.
Agreed,

His tires were still good and he was definately faster than Mat. Oh well, it's just one race.

·
Judo CHOP!
1,447 Posts
Yeah. Mladin is VERY good. The thing about Daytona though, is the best rider doesn't usually win. That's not to say Mladin isn't the best, but there is too much strategy involved for the fastest guy on the track to always win.

·
Do or do not, there is no try
2,671 Posts
Matt rode the race like a veteran champion would. I wonder if E Boz could have lasted if he'd just put in slower laps and tried to make the Duc last?

:beer

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey, Matt and the GSXR did what they had to do, but the real credit for that win goes to the Yoshimura crew - they really had their shit together.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
He's OK, but the G1k is not as slow as Matt would like everyone to believe. Is the CBR faster/quicker? probably! but not enough to get away from the other top factory bikes while the draft is in full effect.

BD

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
Big Daddy said:
He's OK, but the G1k is not as slow as Matt would like everyone to believe. Is the CBR faster/quicker? probably! but not enough to get away from the other top factory bikes while the draft is in full effect.

BD
One of the things that I took away from today's race was that Picotte was able to turn a 1:50.397 during the race on a two week old R1, which is the best time posted by ANY privateer, and only 24/100ths slower than the best laptime posted by 2nd place earner Jake Zemke.

Larry Pegram, again on a very green 04 R1, was 3rd fastest privateer.

This is pretty impressive to me since these bikes are not nearly as "developed" as the gixxer, the most popular privateer tool.

I'm looking forward to the real racing schedule. Too bad Picotte won't be contesting most of the races this year. And too bad Giovanni Bussei was not allowed to be eBoz's teammate...

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
gb506 said:
One of the things that I took away from today's race was that Picotte was able to turn a 1:50.397 during the race on a two week old R1, which is the best time posted by ANY privateer, and only 24/100ths slower than the best laptime posted by 2nd place earner Jake Zemke.

Larry Pegram, again on a very green 04 R1, was 3rd fastest privateer.

This is pretty impressive to me since these bikes are not nearly as "developed" as the gixxer, the most popular privateer tool.

I'm looking forward to the real racing schedule. Too bad Picotte won't be contesting most of the races this year. And too bad Giovanni Bussei was not allowed to be eBoz's teammate...
Mmmmm yes indeed! how would a supetstock 04 R1 or zx10 with an additional 10-15hp along with a quality race setup compare to the full factory bikes of Honda, Ducati & the Yosh Suzuki's??

BD

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Mmmmm yes indeed! how would a supetstock 04 R1 or zx10 with an additional 10-15hp along with a quality race setup compare to the full factory bikes of Honda, Ducati & the Yosh Suzuki's??

BD
Go look at the race times posted by the superstockers on Thursday and you'll get your answer, methinks... :yesnod

I think the national series (BSB, AMA, All Japan, etc.) should disband Superbike in favor of Superstock. Let World Superbike continue as the only true no-holds barred superbike series. Reduces the amount of cash the factories have to spend on BSB and AMA. Increases the value and legitimacy of WSB. And it allows a perfectly linear process for getting a MotoGP ride now that 250cc strokers have so little in common with 4 stroke MotoGP.

·
My R1 has a little weiner
485 Posts
ExHondaGuy said:
Hey, Matt and the GSXR did what they had to do, but the real credit for that win goes to the Yoshimura crew - they really had their shit together.
You're right about that, 2 of his 3 stops were 11 and 13 seconds long. Didn't hear how long the last one was.

Wish at least one of the Bostroms would have finished the race it would have been interesting. But then again could they have faired any better against him than Duhamel?

·
My R1 has a little weiner
485 Posts
gb506 said:
Go look at the race times layed down by the superstockers on Thursday and you'll get your answer, methinks... :yesnod

I think the national series (BSB, AMA, All Japan, etc.) should disband Superbike in favor of Superstock. Let World Superbike continue as the only true no-holds barred superbike series. Reduces the amount of cash the factories have to spend on BSB and AMA. Increases the value and legitimacy of WSB. And it allows a perfectly linear process for getting a MotoGP ride now that 250cc strokers have so little in common with 4 stroke MotoGP.
Its alot more fun watching them race on bikes we can afford to buy.

·
Banned
661 Posts
Mat had a hellova race, his last 10 laps or so were a breeze..Although he nearly lost it coming into nascar turn 1. His rear end kicked out caught the dirt but he recovered it. Definitely a good effort by Yoshimura Suzuki and Mladin. :cheers

1 - 20 of 58 Posts