Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Dell boy in dubai
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gutted.

fitted a brand new set of diablo 3,s. 2 days later got a screw ( god knows from where ) imbedded slap bang in the middle of my rear tyre.think it was some jealous git as the screw was twisted in perfectly. anyway what do you do when you have a puncture and about to fit yet another new tyre..

BURN IT. and at least get some enjoyment out the tyre

Have a look

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TYJd7TZ4ntE

By the way my R1 is now injured.some @@@@ decided to reverse down a 1 way street in a 3.5 ton lorry when i was behind him.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Sounds like you have some of my luck. It's best to replace the tire.

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
Did you get some kind of tire replacment plan? When it comes to tires, I don't like to mess around. I heard of people patching the tires back up and riding just as hard on them as they did when the tire was unpunctured. I am too much of a pus to do that. I would rather just drop the $ and get a new tire. Thats just me though.

·
Registered
528 Posts
plug patch it correctly and ride it if it's in the center. With the paranoya of some...you'd think it would blow up on you.:dundun:

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
That sucks.

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
While it wont be 100%,if its patched propperly,wont be a problem. Funny this thread should go up as I got one this morning on the way to work. A screw somehow found its way into my new reay tyre...got it plugged at work (for for a bike store) so all good,

-Pete:thumbup

·
LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!!
195 Posts
Go to the track..... You will not have that problem there!!! You will get your moneys worth there..... But anyway it does suck! The hell with that plugging shit..

·
Dell boy in dubai
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i didnt wanna take the chance plugging it.. only place that said theyd repair it was a dodgy pakistani garage. so no chance there.. theyre used to fixing tut tut punctures not R1,s

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Some say patching isn't a big deal...others say replace the tire. Its up to you man...most shops as you found won't patch them. I recommend replacing it...why risk it. 200 bucks or damage to your bike and self. I'd rather drop the 200.

Also...keep this in mind, the other day my Accord had a patch fail on me while just cruising down the highway. Didn't matter much to the car...but the point is, they do fail and since it was a car, the other three tires kept me on the road...but on a bike, unless you plan to do a wheelie to a stop or immediately run an endo...best of luck. The car tire deflated immediately and was pulling to the right before I even realized what happened. That would really suck on a bike.

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Good thing you did what you did, why be cheap and try to patch it, risking your life for not even 200 bucks? F that, just replace the damn thing.

·
LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!!
195 Posts
Riding with a patched (from the inside) PP rear for the last 1000 mi...no worries.

Yea well most people don't worry untill they go down ...... Sort of like all the stupid squids and posers that wear a t-shirt and shorts w/ a half shell on! Oh yea lets not leave the guys out that half a jacket on but yet the girl on the back has nothing but a tank top and shorts on ! I see people like this all the time and they all say the same thing it's hot or I am not going down! Well here is my answer to those to stupid ass remarks...... You can always wash off sweat when you get home because it is to hot, and like they all say there is only two types of riders.... Ones that have been down, and ones that are going down. I have had a few friends that have had bad accidents and one did not make it but I really think that he could have if he would have been wearing his gear! I guess I have gotten off topic a little but It gets me a little pissed off when I hear talk about stupid stuff!! I mean if you can afford a 10,000.00 plus dollar bike then you should be able to afford to put tires on it when ever and you should be able to maintain it at all times... Shit on the street happens including nails and screws in tires but why would someone continue to risk it after they notice it... I think that some of these squids need to be reminded that these things are called motorcycles and motorcycles only have two wheels so lets not get it twited here.. Wake up people !!!!! :chair: I mean ask yourself this? Would you sit down a play russin rulet with a six shot gun and two in the chaimber? I mean lets face it at over 100 miles and hr that is what it is like!! Ok I'm done sorry fellas but we need to all ride a little safer because we all get the rap when someone fuc#$ up....... Remeber to non bikers we all look the same!!! Be Safe

·
01 Champions Edition
92 Posts
I have patched and replaced in the past ... on a motorcycle its a case by case basis, on a car its 100 percent patch for me ... I had a plug in my F-150 last about 30k miles

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.