Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
ill will
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a Windshield for a 07/08.

What's everybodys experiences between a Double Bubble VS Standard Windshield. Is the advantage in wind protection very noticeable?

·
Fcuk Snow
1,432 Posts
There are no gaps on my 04. You might want some insight from someone who has one on their 07 because I heard of a couple members who said that they had gap problem on the 07's, maybe resolved by now. I got the black and it is BLACK.

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
ill be honest with you man i doubt you will notice a performance difference or even protection difference unless you plan on long cruises. You should also look into the Zero Gravity windscreens i know that they have excellent fitment

·
ill will
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill be honest with you man i doubt you will notice a performance difference or even protection difference unless you plan on long cruises. You should also look into the Zero Gravity windscreens i know that they have excellent fitment

Yeah not looking for performance but the wind protection i wouldnt mind. We take about 3 trips a year from NY to NH and the first trip up there it always gets down to the 30's and its a 6 hour ride up there and i feel like i'm gonna die....Yeah i heard ZG is good i will look into them

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
i ride all year in seattle and we get cold here too definitely look into some goretex gloves or some gloves with heaters built in. also a Balaclava helps with the cold air on the neck

·
Fcuk Snow
1,432 Posts
There is def. less wind resistance to the helmet with a DB. You don't have to tuck as much to be in the tunnel. I know on the 04-06 the zero gravity had a less than acceptable fit (gaps all over). Maybe that has changed for the 07-08.

·
I'm slow,but i may not be last
132 Posts
Got myself MRA on my 07, excellent wind protection.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
You'll find that most people use double bubbles as they are slightly taller, but not enough to make the front end really even look differently. Even the distributors tell us that 95% of all sales are imports are double bubble's. They offer better protection and like I said they really don't change the front end of the bike much at all. You can barely even tell it's a doubble bubble if you don't know what you're looking at. In fact that's all we sell. We use to have both and stock both, but the standards never sold so we ditched them.

·
My bike and I R1
2,541 Posts
DB or nothing dude. When you get your chin down you want that wind to just go right over you. There's a HUGE difference in the amount of room you have under the wind flow with a DB.

·
Reckless
631 Posts
I have the Zero Gravity on my 07 and it fits great with no gaps, I had the Puig but it did not fit great so I sold it.

Here is a pic with the Zero Gravity Double Bubble on.

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,669 Posts
I had a ZG , LP and Puig DB on my 02 R1.....settled with a Puig Touring screen in light smoke. Puig fit great but ZG was a close 2nd

On my 06 I've got a Puig DB

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.