Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get home last night and just took a peak at my tires and discovered that!!! Like down to the metal.

Didnt notice anything with the handling or anything. Except that the front started being a little shaky. I figured it was due to some feathering of the front tire. I thought this was the case because when I bought the bike in February, those were the tires that came with it. And I ended up riding way under pressure for like a month. Then realized I needed to pump them, did so and the shaking began. Now I think it might have been a combo of both the feathering and the rear being extremely worn. Did slide out once or twice but thought it was just too much throttle.

Now looking to change out to more suitable tires for my riding. Unfortunately I dont have anytime for real joyriding, so these Diablo Corsa Rosso's def do not suit my riding right now. Im basically on the 405 everyday (straight road highway speeds 80-130mph). Sure I ll lean here and there but no long slow twistys to speak off. My neighbor raves about his Michelin 2CT+ Pilot Powers on his S1KRR, but I wanted some more opinions. Basically want harder compound in the middle, softer on the sides, with decent wet (for those rare occasions I get caught out there) traction and great wear rate. Suggestions? Opinions on the Michelins?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,878 Posts

·
I miss my R1
2,984 Posts
Don't even bother wasting your money on sportbike tires if you're mostly commuting on the highways, imo... Go for a sport touring tire like the Michelin pilot road 4 (or the newer road 5) or Bridgestone T31's.

·
Super Moderator
23,878 Posts
Don't even bother wasting your money on sportbike tires if you're mostly commuting on the highways, imo... Go for a sport touring tire like the Michelin pilot road 4 (or the newer road 5) or Bridgestone T31's.
Huh, I'm pretty sure I led him in that direction. :crash

·
Registered
365 Posts
I’ve used the 2 ct for many years and recently put the 5’s on. Either one works great. The 5’s should last a little longer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts