Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 01 r1 and extended my swingarm 4 inch,lowered the bike and on the way of installing a nitrous system.Any ideas on what shoot of nos I should use I'm want to use a street tyre? will send pics A.S.A.P

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drag racing

How do you weigh? and when you mean stock did you change your gearing? why I asked that is because I once owned a busa and no r1 in town could ever beat me! Those guys you beat could not oviously ride quarter mile worth shit

· I told you I was faster
103 Posts
Swedie said:
Dude, yesterday I beat 1 gixxer 1000, one ZX-12r, 2 busas and another R1. We were all lines up in a row..
I won, with my "stock" R1.

no need for NOS or lowering of the bike :D
I guess you haven't raced my gixxer yet.I've spanked a lowered,strappedR1 with a 125lb rider on it like a red headed step child,and I weigh 195 on a bone stock gixxer 1000.Gixxers kick R1 ass baby! !:finger :fact :lol

· ÆNIMA
200 Posts
It's all about the rider. In a serious drag race, all of these bikes can pull up the front end in first, second, and third. You've gotta have skill to get the most possible acceleration out of the bike. If you don't have the skill, you WON'T have the speed. You aren't beating a Hayabusa, Gixxer, R1, or 954. You are beating another rider. You smoked somebody riding a Hayabusa, or somebody riding an R1. And know this, as fast as you are, there will be somebody out there that is faster, and they won't always be on an obviously more powerful bike.

My suggestion to steama, get used to launching and running the stretched R1 without nos first. Once you've got that down, look at getting a nos kit that provides several boost settings. Start with the lowest and just work your way up. On a stock R1 engine you could run a 50shot pretty reliably (assuming everything was set up properly. If you're running lean, even a 25shot can damage the engine) I wouldn't wanna do more then a 75shot without any other mods though. That'll put you over 200hp on a basically stock engine. At that point it's time to work on using that power some more. You'll have serious traction problems with that much power, and you'll still be able to bring the front up if the traction is there.

· THE MAN
3,750 Posts
N2O ON AN R1

If you are going to put N2O on your r1 and are hoping to do good in the 1/4 with it, i would suggest that you get a progressive controller. That will let you dail in the power of the n2o, if you feed 40 extra HP to a short wheelbase r1 all at once you are just gonna wheelie,or have to wait till 3rd to hit the N2O. Just my .02 worth.

· Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
nitrous rulez!!! i am fogging the airbox. about a 40 hp shot. hang it it will jerk your arms. just ran at the track about hour ago. a friend of mine had his 954..full 2bros pie and commander. strapped and he is a small guy that can ride.. but he only ran a 10.68 @131. i am not impressed. i ran some 10.0's @140.3 straight motor.. ran 9.60 with juice baby.

i eat gixxers and busas for lunch!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.