Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
messing around in the garage today and went to mount my lap timer and my triple tree sit's at the very top of the forks. My question is if I drop them enough to support the ring clamp will it alter the geometry of the bike and if so how much? thanks in advance guys!

-Kyle

· R1 Forum Star
16,242 Posts
Yes it will and yes you will notice. No I wouldn't lower the bike..I raised mine 5mm in front and a lot in back to help with ground clearance.

If you drop the front you may like turn in better, but I wouldn't want to lose ground clearance.

· Im Lovin' It ;)
12 Posts
imho:
when i dropped my triple down the forks, i noticed a difference in handling almost instantly. from what i can remember i could turn the bike into the corners alot easier. sticking with the principles of "pro cornering" its great. BUT ground clearance became an issue more than once. i also had to stiffen the front which lead to a few APEX challenges.

in short i would try raising the rear and MAYBE lowering the front .5 - 2mm. as said above, these R1's are already really close to the ground in the front.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
raise the rear b4 you drop the front... SBU has their adjustable linkage, it works very well.. i'd like to raise the front a little myself :yesnod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.