Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
adrennalin junkie
134 Posts
not too sure on the amount of speedo error but it doesn't affect the bike at all... apart from making it alot more livelier down low.... i reckon it's the best thing i've done to mine ... i'd reccomend it to anyone... still leaves you with plenty of top end speed to play with...

i don't know about you guys in the states... but here in aus there aint many roads where i can use the 300k+ top end anyways

i'm seriously concidering going up 2 on the back also when i wear out the sprockets

·
adrennalin junkie
134 Posts
i just found it helped with the slightly lacking low end of the 04.... probably comes down to personal preference though... and i haven't done any other performance mods to my bike so it made mine a more rideable bike round town and sitting on the highway just made it that little bit more responsive sitting on the speed limit where it would of been just out of the power range before hand

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's about a 10% difference. when it says you're doing 100...you're only doing 90.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Is it worth a speedo healer? THa'ts up to you...if fixes your speedo...if you dont' mind it off, then don't get it. Why ask us?

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
the best benefit to a speedohealer is that it keeps your miles down. so if you plan on selling it you have the real miles and not more then you really put on it. figure if it's 10% off when you hit 10k miles it will say about 11k.

·
Registered
396 Posts
beerzie said:
It's about a 10% difference. when it says you're doing 100...you're only doing 90.

Um thats if you go -1 front +2 back right? Stock tooth is 17... dropping 1 stands to reason a 1/17th speed error. Approx 5.9%

Rears 45 right?...can't remeber

or another way

17/45 = 0.37777....
16/45 = 0.36666... = 94.1% of 17/45
16/47 = 0.34043... = 90.1% of 17/45

so... end result.... about 6% per front tooth... 2% per back

·
adrennalin junkie
134 Posts
iv'e done it without one.... i just work on about 10%... sorta helps me keep my licence too cause when i look down and it's krept up a little i tend to back off that little bit more often

i certainly didn't buy my bike to worry about resale value... i intend to keep it for quite a while... already done 17 thou or so in the 7 months i've had it... (without the front sprocket error)

spose i'll get around to it one day... but it really doesn't bother me too much...

·
Registered
396 Posts
2nd to noss said:
So sportsbikerr1
Did you drop one in the front with out speedo healer? or for that matter who has?
Yeah I dropped one on the front. I don't have a speedo healer but I plan on getting one. It's 6% out with just a front drop... so at 106 your actually doing 100 (yeah i know ignore original error)... You could probably get away without a speedo healer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
2nd to noss said:
another question is it worth getting the speedo healer?

i did the one down on the front . The bike is so much easier to ride now,no more stalling at lights and slipping the clutch to get going.
I added the speedhealer and think it is worth the price. i followed my wife in the car at different speeds , the difference was 1 or 2 MPH slower on the bike. Now i feel pretty confident about how fast I'm going and it also keeps excess miles off the odometer.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Re: Re: drpping front sprocket

Wheatman said:
Why would the Engine run bad?:confused:

:beer :beer

The answer is no... but if they did hook up the speedo to limit the engine to 300kph etc... then technically you would limit your top speed even less because your dash would read 300kph when its not... But yamaha does not do this on the R1... so your ok

·
Registered
109 Posts
rdandy5875 said:
-12.3% on my speedohealer, by gps, -1 front/stock rear...
This is the most accurate post to date reason being. I went -1 on the front and when I take my r1 to the track my speedo says 152 at the end of the 1/4 but my time slips read 134 so I think 12.3% is damn close to how much it throws your speedo off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.