Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
This end up!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wheelie the sh*t out of my bike every f*cking day!!! I just fabricated a round/twelve o'clock bar so I can scrape the other day. They don't make them for the 02-03 R1. I am going to try to attach some photos so you can check it out.I think I have $30 in material into it and just my time. As to where they were usually like 200 bucks online at tacticalmindz.com or thestuntfactory.com.

Attachments

·
This end up!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, it does appear to stick out quite a bit but it is perfect for me. I wanted my foot to be able to stick in it so I didn't have to cut a hole in my seat.The bracket that the round bar is webbedinto the subframe very well. And I tig welde the bracing all through my subframe because they do not make a stunt subframe for this bike either. Also on this Year R1,where the subframe bolts to the actual frame is actually quite weak as well. The top bolts on the subframewhere it bolts to the actual frame, I had to gusset the hell out of it. For some dumb reason, they madeThe actual frame stick way out before bolting the subframe to it. That is the actual weak point so I gusseted the hell out of it. I know it looks like it sticks out quite a bit,but it actually works really well and I can rock it just past 12 o'clock to scrape.I own a repair shop in Hudson New York. And I went to school for welding and fabrication. I know you may be thinking that what I'm doing to my bike may not be done as well as going out and buying the stuff. But I am going to start taking pictures and posting them of the welds that I have made and the bracketing..I own a bender and welder or tig welder and mig welder.I am going to start making a few things for this bike that they don't make and sell on alot of the websites.hopefully a few people like them and actually give me a ring to make them a few things. I should actually pull my bike apart, just to take pictures and post to see what people think.

·
Stunt it! Crash it! Repair it!
413 Posts
Yes, it does appear to stick out quite a bit but it is perfect for me. I wanted my foot to be able to stick in it so I didn't have to cut a hole in my seat.The bracket that the round bar is webbedinto the subframe very well. And I tig welde the bracing all through my subframe because they do not make a stunt subframe for this bike either. Also on this Year R1,where the subframe bolts to the actual frame is actually quite weak as well. The top bolts on the subframewhere it bolts to the actual frame, I had to gusset the hell out of it. For some dumb reason, they madeThe actual frame stick way out before bolting the subframe to it. That is the actual weak point so I gusseted the hell out of it. I know it looks like it sticks out quite a bit,but it actually works really well and I can rock it just past 12 o'clock to scrape.I own a repair shop in Hudson New York. And I went to school for welding and fabrication. I know you may be thinking that what I'm doing to my bike may not be done as well as going out and buying the stuff. But I am going to start taking pictures and posting them of the welds that I have made and the bracketing..I own a bender and welder or tig welder and mig welder.I am going to start making a few things for this bike that they don't make and sell on alot of the websites.hopefully a few people like them and actually give me a ring to make them a few things. I should actually pull my bike apart, just to take pictures and post to see what people think.
Very nice!! Can't wait to see the welds.

·
This end up!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I know, I know, I know… I just have not had time to put into my bike recently. But as soon as I get through this busy point at my shop, I will have the bracket finished and I will post for you. I really wish I could have done it sooner, it is killing me.I did not forget, I will definitely post as soon as it is done.

·
This end up!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well I still have not made the bracket! But I have put some pictures up so you can see some more of what I'm doing to my bike. The picture with the two calipers on the rotor is basically how it's going to be set up. I just still have not made the bracket.and I am still waiting on my Brembo front brake master cylinder.and the impactek sub cage and cage I am waiting on. I will post more pics as it slowly progresses. Obviously I am not in a rush right now due to the winter.

·
This end up!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here are the pics

Attachments

·
This end up!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. If anyone is worried about how twitchy there R1 is on the rear wheel, just replace your throttle tube with an F4i throttle tube. The part that the cables wraparound on it are slightly different.A quarter turn with the R1throttle tube is equivalent to half of a turn with the F4i throttle tube. So if you swap them out your balance point will be way easier to deal with!

·
This end up!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Alright so I basically got everything done except for my tank. Here are some pictures. Don't let anyone tell you you cannot stunt an R1! I've done it to mine and it runs and handles beautifully!

Attachments

·
0-100 real quick
97 Posts
Alright so I basically got everything done except for my tank. Here are some pictures. Don't let anyone tell you you cannot stunt an R1! I've done it to mine and it runs and handles beautifully!
It's not that it's not possible. It's that it doesn't make much sense to stunt out an R1 due to how heavy and expensive it is. When you're dropping a bike all the time, AKA stunting, it makes a lot more sense to do that with a bike that is much lighter and cheaper to replace things on. I bring my front wheel up all the time but it's too much money and effort to put into it to stunt it out IMPO

I will be getting a 600 of sorts eventually and stunting that out when I get the money and time.

But it's looking good so far just ditch that ugly ass "HUSTLER" sticker when you mod the tank, and maybe even clean up some of those others :2bitchsla :thumbup

EDIT: Omg and those ugly ****ing balls hanging under the plate :shake lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
4 Participants
Bones Dragon-E
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing