Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone this is my first post!

Would it be possible to have a dual exhaust on a 2015 yamaha r1? Just curious and I think it would look really cool if possible

Let me know if anyone has thought of this?

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
:lol

i'm surprised it took 4 years for somebody to post this.. :fork

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that is not an answer to my question... I dont need a syllable lesson or an english lesson. Maybe you need a reading lesson considering the fact I answered "WHY" in my post. I like the way it looks and I liked the way it looked on 2014 and older, sue me

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well that is not an answer to my question... I dont need a syllable lesson or an english lesson. Maybe you need a reading lesson considering the fact I answered "WHY" in my post. I like the way it looks and I liked the way it looked on 2014 and older, sue me
Don't let anyone piss on you. We like what we like. People who track will tell you all the reasons the stock position is better, but we like what we like.

You're not alone in liking the undertail, btw. I like it, and its the first mod I'll be looking into once I get a 15+. Best bet is get a machine shop/fabricator to take a look and see what route the mid pipe can take, and take it from there.

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Just buy an older R1. Problem solved, and you saved money.
you are wise beyond your years. :nerd:

a retro-fit would look positively hideous. :yesnod

Yes of course. And I see what you did there
was it that obvious? sometimes i cant tell :D :lol

You're not alone in liking the undertail, btw. I like it, and its the first mod I'll be looking into once I get a 15+. Best bet is get a machine shop/fabricator to take a look and see what route the mid pipe can take, and take it from there.
:fruit:

so, not a reflash then? suspension perhaps? :eek:wneddance:

·
2016 R1
213 Posts
so, not a reflash then? suspension perhaps? :eek:wneddance:

Track days even? The best mod you can do is getting on the track and improving your skill in my opinion. The cost of having that monstrosity fabricated and built could be sets of tires and multiple track days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
^^ thats crazy talk :fork

·
Registered
291 Posts
But this is why it gets tricky to trash things like OPs idea. Peeps be coming from different angles, going off to different places.

I've never ridden a 15+ (I never ride other peoples bikes), so I can't say if the suspension and turning sucks. Never ridden a track before, and I'm not sure I ever will, at least not on an r1. It's HEAVY AF, and I think I'll prefer throwing an r6 around.

Different priorities for different people, cos of their different riding needs. Nobody's riding purpose is superior to the others'. If you're not getting paid for it, you're just like the rest of us Yamaha's suckers playing with their expensive toys.

·
I miss my R1
2,976 Posts
I don't understand people who spend thousands on titanium bolt kits to save a couple pounds, but it's their bike and their money...
I don't understand people who put Toce bros exhausts on their bikes, but it's their bike and their money...

If the OP wanted to put a stretched swingarm and front forks from a harley on his R1, how does it affect any of the jerks posting in here?

To the OP I say do what you want, it's your bike and to hell with all these morons who want you to ride (or mod) your bike their way.

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Different priorities for different people, cos of their different riding needs. Nobody's riding purpose is superior to the others'.
honestly i think you're taking things too seriously. most responses are 'tongue-in-cheek' and are meant to extract a reaction..
providing one only adds fuel to the fire.. its a silly question, considering the R1 history and its iconic dual undertail exhaust..

half of us are sitting there hoping somebody will go ahead with said 'upgrade'.. most diehard R1-forum members
who purchased a 2015+ did so BECAUSE it doesnt come with the stupid dual under-tail.. You're preaching on deaf ears :corn

us 'old-school' boys are focusing on OP having 'just' joined the forum THIS fvcking month! and has a 4 post count. (3 from this thread :D)

you, yourself joined in September of 2018, basically born YESTERDAY, lurking doesnt count. Hazing period is in full effect :lol

believe me, most guys on here are pretty laid back, but the comedy writes itself in situations like this :dunno

To the OP I say do what you want, it's your bike and to hell with all these morons who want you to ride (or mod) your bike their way.
these are the responses I look forward to.. you do realize this is EXACTLY what everybody does already dont you?
funny as it sounds folks who come up with these 'bright ideas' already march to their own fvcking drummer..

the real joke here is, OP is asking in all the wrong places.. chances are said 'retro-fit' has already been done,
just nobody 'dumb' enough to post it on the R1-forum.. Probably looks funny as all fack and cost a bundle :hammer:

hell, you guys may just need a lesson on using the search button.. minions on this very forum were at it on this photo-chop years ago :fact

"Dual Muffler on 2015 R1???".. you may notice said thread was started by somebody who had JUST joined in April of 2015.

coincidence? :no that thread never made it past May :hammer:

https://www.r1-forum.com/forums/361-yamaha-yzf-r1-r1m-general-discussion/491178-dual-muffler-2015-r1.html

Attachments

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
I enjoy reading the forums "veterans" hahaha. Way to go for spending so much ****ing time on the internet.. Hats off to you
somebody has to do it.. with motorcycles it usually comes about from purchasing the bike in the 1st place.
we all join in as questions start to come up, its a great source of info. You will notice some of us have lifetime memberships :yesnod :fork

i had a less than stelar experience when selling my R6, vowed to not dot that again so the forum is always here for modding / upgrading.

its all part of ownership really.. pays to keep up :thumbup

its our jobs as 'veterans' to bitch about the young'ens while answering more complicated questions.. its not like we're getting paid to be here. :partyguy:

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
come to think of it op, it looks like i'm only 167 posts away from 10K!!

any more questions i can help out with? always happy to be of service :thumbup
:lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
9 Participants
TheoreticalApex
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing