Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
it can be done but it will either be ugly or very expensive... the subframe doest;t really have space where you could modify the under tray and tuck the exhaust or piping up at all so it would have to be run under it which will leave it out in the open and would;t really flow with the lines of the bike maybe would interfere with the tire. to tuck it up higher like on previous men's you would have to get an aluminum subframe aftermarket because the poem one is magnesium and would be very difficult to modify. then you could modify the aluminum one and the under tray to allow the pipes to be moved up. with the proper head shield fabricated and installed it could work with some electronics moved. the new r1 doest;t have nearly the space in the tail as previous gen's and would be an extremely tight fit and the plate would also have to be moved but an under tail from an 09 would work. if you grabbed a set of the under tail pipes and go hold them up to the 15+ you will see what i mean.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,086 Posts
100% agreed.. its the subframe / tail thats the real bloody problem..

no room, you'd end up fabbing something up to look more like an 'old school' gixxer.. a True 'undertail' would never work :dunno

2009 GSXR-1K

2009 R1, exhaust is held in place by subrame

exhaust is tucked in under tail.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Was gonna stay cool and be quiet, being a newb and its hazing period and all that...

Then I saw that thumbnail.

WTF, man?! Get that sh!t abomination deleted! Thumbnail, browser history, real life, ALL OF IT!

·
Registered
296 Posts
what thumbnail?
The white/grey 15 r1 that grew a micro penis facing backwards.

I see you chimed in with the space for the cans and the rear subframe. I once saw these competition werks under tail cans in an 09. Tiny, short and SWEET looking. I guess one could get M4 cans for the 07 Gixxer and fit them.

Working the mid pipe around the side of the bike wont look good though. Maybe an 09 swingarm modded to fit the 15 would help in that area.. Or, mod an 1198, vfr, or triumph swing arm and go single sided.. (I know I know... With this amount spent, you'd have bought another bike already, and the bike will probably be not be trackable. Just thinking out loud.).

On the low slung, micro exhausts, I think it was done best on the 06 Gixxer 750,the 08 cbr1k, and the panigale.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
funny story about that. there was a guy near where i am i saw on Facebook, he had cut what looked like fence posts and a couple china eBay mufflers and made exactly that picture there with hose clamps from home depot. a bunch of guys i guess were out for a ride and there was a car accident on the highway so the group of riders stopped and ran across the highway to stick their nose into it like squids do and left the keys in it with the ignition on so someone i guess stopped and dropped off a passenger who rode off with the bike. clearly people who are attracted to that exhaust are retards.

·
2016 R1
217 Posts
funny story about that. there was a guy near where i am i saw on Facebook, he had cut what looked like fence posts and a couple china eBay mufflers and made exactly that picture there with hose clamps from home depot. a bunch of guys i guess were out for a ride and there was a car accident on the highway so the group of riders stopped and ran across the highway to stick their nose into it like squids do and left the keys in it with the ignition on so someone i guess stopped and dropped off a passenger who rode off with the bike. clearly people who are attracted to that exhaust are retards.

Most helpful response on this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I mean I really don't lose any sleep for being hazed on here, internet talk is always easy behind a keyboard. I like the look of the ducati finale undertail, does that mean I am going to do that on my bike? No it doesn't, I am a college student and its just a toy I ride every once in awhile. All you veterans just gotta chill out. Wasnt asking for a fabricator or a price quote lol. Also wasnt asking because I want to know how much it is going to weigh I dont really care? I owned a 2010 LE and loved it i ended up putting a shorty exhaust on it.

Just a question poeple chill tf out and take your blood pressure meds

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,086 Posts
i still think you're not gonna do it.. regardless of how much helpful info is posted on here.. thats all i'm getting at.

as I previously stated in very clear english.. most comments posted by so called veterans are 100% tongue-in-cheek..

we are chill.. there's no point discussing said 'mod' cause it doesnt exist. and likely never will; its pure talk :dunno

we were never trashing on OPs idea btw!! we were kinda chuckling cause we all know perfectly well it aint never
gonna happen. Didnt the 1st time around, and they had 4 years to work on it. For some thats longer than College :lol

i still dont know what thumbnail Aikuken is talking about.. :dunno

if you're talking about the image i posted? that is an R1M, and the photoshop was DIRECT from the original post which
claimed credit for said bright idea.. if you have a problem with that, you should probably take it up with the originator
of said post.. oh wait, he already sold the bike. no dual exhaust mod included. :no

it was a bad photoshop.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I read posting the picture/link (which I never bothered opening. Thumbnail was hideous enough) as "this exhaust under the bike is a better idea than high up and dual".

My bad... I'm glad nobody here has such poor taste.

This discussion has gone off topic. We all need to let it go.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,086 Posts
My bad... I'm glad nobody here has such poor taste.
i see.. ok, obviously i missed something. i went straight for the search button as i remember the topic coming up 4 years ago..

hence the original quip, comeback..

agreed though, carry on folks. Try the veal, or dont.. :lol :fingr:

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,086 Posts
Go for the record high post count while you're at it.
kinda have to now.. :lol :smily005:

i found other interests to take up my time, mainly work.

but when it comes to silly threads that go no-where, i make an exception. :sneaky

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,086 Posts
well look at that.. 5 months and this little thread went nowhere. how surprising ;)

oh, and only 9 to go b4 10k posts :D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts