Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
markeddy,

We are located in Hope Mills, NC--just south of Fayetteville, NC. We are getting rid of our bikes because Michelle laid down her R1 yesterday. She didn't get hurt too bad...I think we need to consider ourselves lucky and hang it up for a while.

Justin

· Banned
865 Posts
hmm

were these your (or just one) first bike/s?

I believe you should do what you have to do, but outright quitting (except in dire circumstances) usually happens when a new person gets over his/her head (and the R1 certainly facilitates this).

maybe you should get cheaper/slower bikes, b/c you might regret quitting later on..

· Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mercurial,

No, these are not our "first" bikes. I've been riding for about 10 years--I learned on a Honda F2, and I just traded my 929 in for my R1. Michelle is relatively new to riding--this is her second bike, but she has time on several other sportbikes. Don't get us wrong--Michelle (and me) both want to get back to riding. As for cheaper and slower bikes--we've had that, and there is no way that either of us would get back on something lesser than this new R1.

Now, dude, if your girlfriend/wife/spouse/signifcant other just layed down a bike in front of you, would you be thrilled for her to jump back on? No, you wouldn't (if you cared), and therefore it isn't fair to her for you to continue riding.:machinegu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.