Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I will be a Better Rider.
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever ridden those Ducati 750 or 900 SuperSport Models.
I like the look of em. from the side ofcourse and they are DUCATI.
I know they are down on horspower considerably.
but how do they handle i.e On racetrack and Curvy roads.

While back , i saw 2 of on Ebay. They were Race prep with Ohlins everywhere and other itty bitty updates to boost performace.

So has anyone ridden. them.

Also what about Monster. They are one Mean looking standard machine. :yesnod

I am at work. Chillin cuase its slow. Nothing else to do, so came up with General coversation to start. :):hellobye

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
rode the 750. I thought it was comfortable. I was shocked on how slow I felt it was for a 750. It didnt have the grunt. The handling was excellent. very neutral but I got off of it feeling kinda dissappointed. I love Ducati's. Hell, I named my cat after them.. but It just felt flat. I dont know how else to describe it. that probably didnt help much but .. anyway.

Im sure that I would have a different opinion if I rode the bike on a track also. That was very limited street riding.

·
Banned
494 Posts
my freind has a duc 900ss. and i dont like the look of it nor do i like the sound. he took the baffels out of his stock cans and and sounds like utter shit. i cant stan riding with him cuz his bike is so annoying and loud. by the end of the day my ears ring. and its ugly as fvck. hey whet ever.

·
I will be a Better Rider.
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DaoTan said:
how bout a naked ss? i never liked the tank/tail on the monsters
DaoTan, That is some nice work on 2nd picture.
I acutally like the second one. Too bad that the tail looks dated but the frontend, tank and engine, frame.. all kinda look nice together.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
I've ridden both, and actually worked at a shop that did tons of perf work on both types.
The 750 is a bigger bore version of the pantah motor. As such, it has a wet clutch, and usually only one front brake disk. Basically the same ergo's for both, but there are tons more fun parts for the 900.
IMO Monsters are some of the funnest bikes you could ever own. Light, nimble, and with those wide bars, easy to control.

Remember both are air/oil cooled.

I think i'd get the 900 if i was getting one. Easy to upgrade, and since it's only a two valve head (both are) the maintenance costs are nowhere near the 748/749 and 916/955/996/999 4-valve bikes.

Hope that helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts