Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or at least that's what it says.

What it doesn't say is that the R1 will still be running in two years whereas the Ducati will have blown up at least once by then.

Link:http://www.ducati.com/scoopage.jhtml;$sessionid$NZVPK2QAAAALUCRNBQRCFFIKFUGCEIV4?area=promo&scoopNum=035

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Or that you'll be having $$ valve work done every 6k miles... Or, that you could take 1/2 the price difference and mod the r1 to eat the Duc alive...

- BA

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you read the article? It's so freakin' stupid. Check out the ratigns at the bottom - Ducati wins 93% to R1's 92% or something like that.

I own a Duc, but c'mon....

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Earache said:
Or at least that's what it says.

What it doesn't say is that the R1 will still be running in two years whereas the Ducati will have blown up at least once by then.

Link:http://www.ducati.com/scoopage.jhtml;$sessionid$NZVPK2QAAAALUCRNBQRCFFIKFUGCEIV4?area=promo&scoopNum=035
Yeah, you have to hand it to the R1. It's one hell of a dependable
jap bike. Plus, it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Hahahaha!

I would still love to own a Duc :(

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I would love to own a 996R anyday just for the show of it... but my R1 kills ducati's..... eat's them alive...

when the 04 comes out Ducait will not stand a chance...

so long suckers... !!!! :rock

·
Registered
300 Posts
i had a ducati for the last 2 seasons. during that time the brakes were replaced because of massive shudder. oil was leaking from one of the cylinders. the hydro clutch was leaking. and about 2 month ago the battery started spilling acid all over the frame. the last thing i noticed before i traded my bike in was the gas tank starting to rust. figure this : a rusting tank on a 2 year old bike. ducatis are nice to look at but after those 2 years i got so sick and tired of their crap that i had to get something decent : an r1

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hossegor said:
i had a ducati for the last 2 seasons. during that time the brakes were replaced because of massive shudder. oil was leaking from one of the cylinders. the hydro clutch was leaking. and about 2 month ago the battery started spilling acid all over the frame. the last thing i noticed before i traded my bike in was the gas tank starting to rust. figure this : a rusting tank on a 2 year old bike. ducatis are nice to look at but after those 2 years i got so sick and tired of their crap that i had to get something decent : an r1
All are common problems with Duc's.

My '98 916 hasn't warped the rotors like yours did - but that's all too common for Ducs.

My clutch master cylinder has blown it's guts twice. Easy to fix, but a pain.

You definitely have to be either rich or mechanically gifted to keep a Duc running:lol

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Earache said:
All are common problems with Duc's.

My '98 916 hasn't warped the rotors like yours did - but that's all too common for Ducs.

My clutch master cylinder has blown it's guts twice. Easy to fix, but a pain.

You definitely have to be either rich or mechanically gifted to keep a Duc running:lol
After spending a few years working in a duc shop, i wholeheartedly agree!

I loved riding em, but i'd never own one. Reminds me of owning a Harley, Spend 1 day riding and 6 days working on it.
Blah! I'm keeping my solid Japanese bike.

(But i'd take a Duc if someones givin em away!:crash)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts