Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Just close your eyes!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased and installed the Q2's on my 2009 R1 yesterday! WoW! I had the stock OEM Dunlop 210's, but caught a nail in the rear tire so had to replace the set (Never Mismatch)! Anyways, these babies for anyone in hot climate, I'm SoCal near Palm Springs will love these tires! They are like freakin glue! Check 'em out

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/Dunlop_Q2/

The are great street tires and will still keep you very pleased on the track from other reviews I have read about 'em. I am not track ready yet, so I can't provide a personal opinion. :jump

Here is some more great info.

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/Dunlop_Q2/images/Q2_press_kit.pdf

·
07 R1
140 Posts
Yea just installed a set myself and my god, Im in love with these tires, so much responsiveness its unreal

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm replacing my stock 210's tomorrow with Q2's and getting my suspension setup for my weight. I can't wait to feel the difference.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm replacing my stock 210's tomorrow with Q2's and getting my suspension setup for my weight. I can't wait to feel the difference.
Hey same here, what are the stock suspension setup weight? I weigh 180. I'm going to the stealership to get a tire changed F/R to Pilot road 2's tomorrow. 99 degrees in Boston.

·
I am the vanilla gorilla!
18,121 Posts
I have been using Q2s at the track since I started doing trackdays. 8 TD's or so later and I don't have plans to use anything different yet

·
Curves Are Sexy
128 Posts
THAT good huh??

They are on CycleGear.com for like $299 for both front and back!! That is like the best value of all time!!
Sportbiketrackgear has them for $239 shipped for both.

·
Lean Junky
437 Posts
THAT good huh??

They are on CycleGear.com for like $299 for both front and back!! That is like the best value of all time!!
Actually, it's not, STG.com and others were blowing them out at 209 a set a while back.

I want to try Q2s but one complaint I've heard about them was that their profile was a bit rounded. Can attest to how well they turn-in given their rounder profile.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey same here, what are the stock suspension setup weight? I weigh 180. I'm going to the stealership to get a tire changed F/R to Pilot road 2's tomorrow. 99 degrees in Boston.
Not sure about that, I know little to nothing about suspension. Thats why i'm taking it in to have the pro's do it :flex:

·
left,right,left,right!
100 Posts
$239 for the r1 wheel size(set). just got mine 2 weeks ago from STG. STG have the best price right now.. and service! i haven't installed the q2's yet. i'll be hitting thunderhill raceway on aug 1st... for now im trying to wear off my stock tires.. and yeah.. get your r1 suspension adjusted.. thats should no.1 in your mod list. i got mine done by catalyst reaction(dave moss).

·
Registered
256 Posts
The shop didn't have a Q2 in a 55, like they thought. So I ended up getting Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's. No Q2 review from me, right now at least. The bike handles great, after tires and suspension. I got the tires first, but only rode 15 or so miles before getting the suspension set. The bike rides so much better now. Get rid of those 210's if you can.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts