Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting my undertail real soon. I'm going to have it painted like this:

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/01899/

Where the R1 is though I'm going to have something airbrushed. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking something along the lines of dual checkered flags or something of that sort. You know just something that looks :rock

Thanks !!

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here we go :p Well its a start anyway :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Are you SURE you want to mount your plate on your pipe bracket??:no

I've seen it like that on some other bikes and it just seems to throw off the symmetry of the back end.

I know that once you put on that beautiful tail that you will not want to screw holes into it. But...

Just my opinion.....

:bs

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes I definitely don't want the license plate on the exhaust !! I'm thinking I'm going to have to drill some holes for the license plate in the undertail, unless You have some good ideas on how to attach the plate other than drilling Blue Streak. Then when the plate is on the airbrushing won't show as well :( decisions,decisions...

·
Registered
777 Posts
That' s exactly why I thought your plan was to attach the plate to the exhaust.

Hmmm..just wondering if you should get the airbrushing done if plate is going to cover it...

You could always see how long you could ride w/o a plate. Wait till the cops stop you....:error :D

:bs

BTW if you have not already ordered the Dussault tailpiece... signup as a member here and get 15% off for a ltd. time http://pub14.ezboard.com/byamahar6messagenet

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I might just throw an R1 sticker on there and say to hell with it. Thanks for the offer I wish I knew earlier I have already ordered :(

·
Registered
148 Posts
dude don't quote me on this , but couldn't ya mount it to one of the passenger foot peg assemblies I know you would half to build a bracket of some sort but its passable. Just a thought

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just gonna hook it up like this :

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Got the undertail on :yesnod and the tach face plate :rock

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and heres the tachometer

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I was cutting the tray I had a little slip with the razor knife and put a cut on the rear fender :cryin Gotta go and try to repair that now. Talk about being bummed !! I should have removed the whole tray but tried to save some time. Guess I get what I deserve. What was that saying from Forest Gump ?? Stupid is what stupid does or some shit like that.

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Maxprimal !!
Yes I installed the undertail and the tach face. It went pretty quick took about 3hrs for the undertail and about a 1hr for the tach face. My next mod is going to be the full Akrapovic exaust and the Ivan jet kit. Im going to do that in March. Ill do that myself too. I dont trust anyone with my baby !! The hard part on the tach face is getting that little needle to line up perfectly with the zero !!

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way Maxprimal. Sw33t Lookin' Machine !!

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have one other question. Did anyone run into the problem of the rear seat not fitting properly on the bike after the installation of their Dussault undertail ? The seat for me interfered with the taillights being so far back. Thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
Looks sweet :yesnod

I picking mine up from Robert next week at the bike show in Toronto. Hopefully I won't slip with the knife! I will take everything off to be a bit more safe.

I think I'm going to pick up the flushmounts for the front as well but leave the stock tach face.

BTW in case you didn't re-inforce the back her is the link on how to. http://www.clubplus.net/~grart/instructions/y2kR1instr/y2kR1intructions.html

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I did use the reinforcement bolts. The instructions on the one web page said use 3" bolts. I think I could of used some shorter ones.

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
2001 Red R1
71 Posts
Hi everyone, I just want to show you my undertail, I only have tight straps holding it. It’s simple and has the perfect angle to it and stays in one place at 165 mph. :rock

1 - 20 of 20 Posts