Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
`mmmmm... Sweet Nectar`
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these brand new boots yesterday from cyclemall.com for $78. They were that cheap because they were red and odd sizes on closeout. Oxtar TCS. I send them to get dyed black before I even wore them riding and I just got them back today. Here are the pics. Before and after.

Before

Attachments

·
`mmmmm... Sweet Nectar`
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After :

Attachments

·
`mmmmm... Sweet Nectar`
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

·
OG Moderator
995 Posts
:rock :thumbup

·
`mmmmm... Sweet Nectar`
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
`mmmmm... Sweet Nectar`
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last one
It cost me $25 to get them dyed. I figured I would have pro do it so I wouldnt screw it up and it would have only save me like $5 if I did it myself.

Attachments

·
Big Pimpin'
190 Posts
They turned out great. Not bad for $100 spent. I tried getting in on the deal, but it was too late even at the place that had them for $100. I have a red bike so I was even willing to live with red.

Eric

·
`mmmmm... Sweet Nectar`
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At a local mom and pop boot shop.

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
Vince, I am gonna have to see if I can get mine done like that. Those look sweet:yesnod. I have the same boots. Red and all. The all black would look much better with my black bike and all black leathers. thanks for posting this.:thumbup

·
Read Only
4,001 Posts
I HAVE BLUE ONES I AM GOING TO DYE THEM TOO!!!! AWESOME!!! I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! sorry for the yelling but i really am THAT excited. it never ceases to amaze me the awesome things that i learn from this place

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
:iamwithst this forum rocks.:rock Who would have thought you could have gotten some red boots to look that good all black? I can't wait to get mine done.

·
`mmmmm... Sweet Nectar`
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You will love the boots in black, I do. If I were in your shoe, I would do what I did an get it done professionally. For 20-25 bucks you cant go wrong. The lady said she prepped them, used liquid dye on them, and then sprayed them with the spray dye.
Oh yeah, I wouldnt have thought that I could have gotten red ones to look that good all black either..
Let me know when you get them done.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Vince said:
I got these brand new boots yesterday from cyclemall.com for $78. They were that cheap because they were red and odd sizes on closeout. Oxtar TCS. I send them to get dyed black before I even wore them riding and I just got them back today. Here are the pics. Before and after.

Before
The guy "Frank" who owns/runs cyclemall died in a car crash this last weekend. He was a real nice guy, a real pleasure to have met. I don't think that anyone else really worked with him, so I expect the site to stop taking orders on things. -- fyi

You can read about it on cyclemall.net (I assume you got them on cyclemall.net not .com as .com doesnt seem like anything)

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
610 Posts
Great idea! Looks good.

·
`mmmmm... Sweet Nectar`
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: Dyed my New $78 Oxtar TCS Boots Black

Agro said:
The guy "Frank" who owns/runs cyclemall died in a car crash this last weekend. He was a real nice guy, a real pleasure to have met. I don't think that anyone else really worked with him, so I expect the site to stop taking orders on things. -- fyi

You can read about it on cyclemall.net (I assume you got them on cyclemall.net not .com as .com doesnt seem like anything)

OOPS! I didnt mean to write cycleMALL.. I meant cycleDEPOT.com
I was probably thinking about cycle mall from reading the posts...

Calm down there Gixxer man, not going to strike a pose yet, I want to get a bigger audience and then blow you all away. :lol :lol For the meantime, here is a pic of them again, I took of the oxtar name on the heels with some nail polish remover..

Attachments

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
I just got my $78 Oxtars yesterday and they fit and look great. I also just recieved my RS TAICHI CARBONTRON gloves in the mail a day or two ago and they are nice! Not bad for $50. Just two great examples of the deals found while browsing the R1-Forum!!!!

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
Vince said:
You will love the boots in black, I do. If I were in your shoe, I would do what I did an get it done professionally. For 20-25 bucks you cant go wrong. The lady said she prepped them, used liquid dye on them, and then sprayed them with the spray dye.
Oh yeah, I wouldnt have thought that I could have gotten red ones to look that good all black either..
Let me know when you get them done.
I am gonna try and get it done this week. I hope it comes out as good as yours did.:yesnod . I will post pics of mine when I get them done.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts