Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dyno charts comparing the zx10R and the GSXR1000. both ran on the same dyno so that will help alot of speculation as far as all the tech bull shit alot of guys talk about and what factors in bring the end HP results.

same dyno..

ZX10R looks tough..

this information is from sport rider, US magazine Publication for the ones that wanted to know.

to actually listen to the zx10R engine while it was dynoed just click the link below:
http://www.sportrider.com/features/146-0406-zx10-dyno.wav

Attachments

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
its amazing how in just 1 year one bike goes from being top dog to down by almost 10 hp.... :no

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was thinking the same thing. wonder if we will see sport rider dyno the R1 at 160hp or more. thats alot of ponies dont you say?!? but nonetheless thats good to see how bikes seem to get better in such a short amount of time. got to love it.

but the suk will be back on top next year...cant imagine what that will be like considering when the 1k was born, it not only beat the competition, it destoried the competition. that just scares me thinking about it..in a good way of course...lol

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
my next question, have the guys at gixxer.com seen this? :lol

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have no idea, i just ran across it, and it was posted on feb 20th. I'm sure it wont go all to smooth on gixxer.com but well, it is what it is. thats alot of HP jump between the 2.

after reading some of the europe dynos, they are way different in numbers, and according to this dyno, unlike the other europe numbers, there is a big jump between the two bikes. Europe has all the bikes neck and neck.

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
it doesnt really matter to me anyways. I have a full system and PC3, and am only probably pushing about 145 hp MAYBE... :D

·
Moving Chicane
782 Posts
The most amazing thing is that this same thing gets posted every 2 days. At least it gets shorter each time.:D

Cant wait for the R1 to run on their dyno, that'll be a fun post.

Good one Eyespy:thumbup

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
Blah blah blah blah :bs blah blah blah blah:bs :sneaky

Get this started early.

they are all great machines.:beer

·
its all bout the rider
23 Posts
KneeDragger77 said:
its amazing how in just 1 year one bike goes from being top dog to down by almost 10 hp.... :no
at least we were on top

better once(or more) then non !

but anyway, not starting a war :boom there's war everywhere :argue already

im just saying, it feels good to have a gixxer cus now the rest of

the brands have something to compare with

once more you win :bow

---------------------------------------------------

enjoy ya bike not the HP :riding ----see ya on the streets

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
Those numbers are very impressive, but you can't use all that
HP in the twisties. I'll hang on to my '03 for a few more years or
at least until '06.

·
Member 1352
1,904 Posts
Skeeter said:
at least until '06.
I hear you guys have some great twisties down there in Florida...:lol

·
Shut up and ride
2,359 Posts
Skeeter said:
at least until '06.
:iamwithst

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
Skeeter said:
at least until '06.

of course you can! I'm thinking of adding twin turbos to my bike simply because I need at least 300hp to be able to match my riding abilities:bow

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Skeeter said:
at least until '06.
Hmmmm........Some of us can.:sneaky

Besides, you a partially correct. Florida has no twisties. :lol

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
if you look at the torque you will see that the Gix is still ahead, down low, where you need it most. the most Hp really means little except to the posers buying bikes to strut up and down the main drag on a saturday night.

·
Moving Chicane
782 Posts
Well Jump, not really. Low end is great for trolling around town or doing roll ons on the freeway, so it has its place.

But a bike that makes power up top with a close ration tranny will always be making better power thru the gears. It will accelerate harder the whole time after first gear.

That is why they have more than one gear and why guys dont weld their shifters into place. But if roll-ons are the only buying criteria your right.

Its all comes down to preference and how you like the powerband and it nice to have a choice. Whether you like peakier power or down low. But its foolish to say top end power....well...what you said.

Would that explain the Gixxer boys who go out to get Akra's and short stacks cause they want to be squids cause they trade that bottom end power for more up top? Or is it because they have a tranny and know how to use it too?

Sounds kinda wrong when you put it in perspective, huh?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts